Xbox 360 controller not working for multiplayer.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Antarus

Xbox 360 controller not working for multiplayer.

Post by Antarus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

Basically, I have a friend with an Xbox controller, and I want to be able to play the game with him, but the game does not set the controller to player 2. This means that when the controller is plugged in (and there is a second player controlled rabbit), both people control player 1 and nobody controls player 2.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I use windows 7 and also use SUMLauncher

EPR89

Re: Xbox 360 controller not working for multiplayer.

Post by EPR89 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Is the second character in the map set to be a playable character? It needs to have the green box around it. If not doubleclick the character and press ctrl+P.

Antarus

Post by Antarus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

EPR89 wrote:Is the second character in the map set to be a playable character? It needs to have the green box around it. If not doubleclick the character and press ctrl+P.
Yes.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Your computer is detecting something else as a controller first. This might be a joystick, racing wheel, flight sim, joystick emulator, or something like that. Overgrowth assigns the first controller it sees to player 2, then everything else to player 1. Disconnect any other alternate controllers you have connected, and try again, it should work.

Sindwiller

Post by Sindwiller » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 am

What does your log say? :P

Antarus

Post by Antarus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am

Anton wrote:Your computer is detecting something else as a controller first. This might be a joystick, racing wheel, flight sim, joystick emulator, or something like that. Overgrowth assigns the first controller it sees to player 2, then everything else to player 1. Disconnect any other alternate controllers you have connected, and try again, it should work.
I don't have any other controllers connected, ever.
Sindwiller wrote:What does your log say? :P
I will get it next time my friend brings his controller over.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

Antarus wrote:
Anton wrote:Your computer is detecting something else as a controller first. This might be a joystick, racing wheel, flight sim, joystick emulator, or something like that. Overgrowth assigns the first controller it sees to player 2, then everything else to player 1. Disconnect any other alternate controllers you have connected, and try again, it should work.
It doesn't have to be an official hardware controller, it can even be software emulation, or any USB device that the computer recognizes as a device other than a mouse, but this is almost always the case. Check for other joystick software, did you install anything else to get the controller working in the first place?

Antarus

Post by Antarus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Anton wrote:
Antarus wrote:
It doesn't have to be an official hardware controller, it can even be software emulation, or any USB device that the computer recognizes as a device other than a mouse, but this is almost always the case. Check for other joystick software, did you install anything else to get the controller working in the first place?
I did have to do the normal, automatic installation for the controller.
The only thing other than my mouse and keyboard which is plugged in via USB is my headset. I think I've already tried unplugging it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 am

i used to have the same problem. You have to download a thing that tracks your controller. if you have done that and i still doesn't work, you have to plug in the controller BEFORE you start the game.

kgpbje

Post by kgpbje » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

What is thing that tracks your controller called?

Atom1cSalsa

Post by Atom1cSalsa » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm

i didnt even now there was multiplayer :?

bladeofshadow

Post by bladeofshadow » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Jackson wrote:i used to have the same problem. You have to download a thing that tracks your controller. if you have done that and i still doesn't work, you have to plug in the controller BEFORE you start the game.

Do you perhaps have a link or download for the controller tracker?

Duckington

Post by Duckington » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Jackson wrote:i used to have the same problem. You have to download a thing that tracks your controller. if you have done that and i still doesn't work, you have to plug in the controller BEFORE you start the game.

I'm having this issue now. What is this controller tracking program being discussed? Link?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Duckington wrote:I'm having this issue now. What is this controller tracking program being discussed? Link?
Probably don't want to necro a 3 year old dangling thread just to bump...