trying to get this rabbit to run

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
fuzzyfists

trying to get this rabbit to run

Post by fuzzyfists » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 pm

just tryed lugaru, wicked awesome. so i preorder to get alpha access because overgrowth looks about as close to a usagi yojumbo game as i can get without finding a commodore 64.an besides overgrowth looks aaaasweome . i know right? ok sooo it wont work on my craptop... i mean laptop, i realize it just might not fly, but i really want to try everything. any ideas suggestions would be much appreciated.

windows vista (yuck)
pentium dualcore t4200 @ 2ghz
2 gigs memory

ive shut off the foolish 'run as administrator' thing, and ive tried it with compatibility modes. the farthest it gets is loading a command prompt window then another window comes up and a message about video cards, then it freezes. i dont wanna ask for a refund but ill probly have to if i cant get it goin.
thanks

ps any possibility of landing this on xbox360 indie games?

EPR89

Re: trying to get this rabbit to run

Post by EPR89 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 am

What video card do you have?
Incompatible video cards are a verry common source of problems for Windows users. Check this page in the WIKI to see if your card is currently supported.
Keep in mind that it is still an ALPHA, so cards that r the game poorly now or are not able to run it at all right now might be supported in the future.

However, if your card is not supported, this would definitey justify a refund.

One last thing: if you are running the game via SUMLauncher, make sure that shaders are activated. The game will crash if you deactivate them and it will show you just that error message.

fuzzyfists

Re: trying to get this rabbit to run

Post by fuzzyfists » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 pm

thanks EPR89, that was exactly what i needed, unfortunately i have discovered that my laptop uses the intel chipset 4 which is at the bottom of that list and it looks like even if i got it running it would not render the game fully anyway :(