Possible Foxes in Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
MGsource

Re: Possible Foxes in Overgrowth?

Post by MGsource » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Foxes and/or Raccoon ninjas would suffice. :D

DI0BL0

Post by DI0BL0 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 pm

They have already said what animals will be in the game. Even while i agree that would be cool they say that there will be only wolfs, rabbits, dogs, cats, and rats.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

They already have dogs, though.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Someone should make a fox model if it hasn't been done already. That would be really cool, even if I can't see it adding anything much to the vanilla game.

floogin

Post by floogin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

There is a model for it. Here is the link.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12101&hilit=New+character

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:41 pm

haidawe wrote:
floogin wrote:There is a model for it. Here is the link.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12101&hilit=New+character
Is it possible for that to be uploaded in to the community content browser? If anyone is willing to?
It's on my list of items to add to the community content browser. It may still be a while, as I am quite busy with work at the moment, but I will get to it relatively soon.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 pm

haidawe wrote:I nearly jumped out of my chair when I clicked the site on your profile. :lol:
You should probably get used to it, Anton posts a LOT on the SPF.

...Every time I say "SPF" for "Secret Preorder Forum," I start thinking about sunscreen.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Stuntddude wrote:
haidawe wrote:I nearly jumped out of my chair when I clicked the site on your profile. :lol:
You should probably get used to it, Anton posts a LOT on the SPF.

...Every time I say "SPF" for "Secret Preorder Forum," I start thinking about sunscreen.

You guys are too flattering. :oops:

And I'm glad you like the music for Receiver. :)
haidawe wrote:Oh nice! I saw in the thread the mention of American City being added as well, glad you are doing all of this!
Yeah, I think it will be cool when I finish updating everything. Sadly, there's not enough time in the day to do everything I want...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

haidawe wrote:Honestly, when I learn how to upload content to the browser, and it isn't that difficult (doesn't matter if it is or not) I'll be glad to help with certain content. I'll start looking up how to today. :)
We haven't made a way to "upload" to the community content browser available yet. At this point, only Aaron (who actually programmed SUMLauncher) and I have the tools to add items to the browser. (I'm kinda project coordinator for SUM and have been the sole person adding content for quite a while.) Before we can setup the tools for other general users to do it, we will need an account system of some kind, some kind of approval system, get people used to the packaging content in the format that SUMLauncher uses, etc.

We are working towards making all this happen, but it will probably be a while before we're able to let the community actually manage the content in SUMLauncher.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm

haidawe wrote:
Anton wrote:
haidawe wrote:Honestly, when I learn how to upload content to the browser, and it isn't that difficult (doesn't matter if it is or not) I'll be glad to help with certain content. I'll start looking up how to today. :)
We haven't made a way to "upload" to the community content browser available yet. At this point, only Aaron (who actually programmed SUMLauncher) and I have the tools to add items to the browser. (I'm kinda project coordinator for SUM and have been the sole person adding content for quite a while.) Before we can setup the tools for other general users to do it, we will need an account system of some kind, some kind of approval system, get people used to the packaging content in the format that SUMLauncher uses, etc.

We are working towards making all this happen, but it will probably be a while before we're able to let the community actually manage the content in SUMLauncher.
Oh, I didn't know it was like that, perhaps the account system can be via forum accounts?
The account system will have to be our own, as we're not directly affiliated with Wolfire, and best practice says that it should be our own for safety reasons. We want to have some kind of verification (kinda like Steam does) where we can have a related account, but, we just have to get an account system working first…

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 am

haidawe wrote:Just saw that you added the Fox and a couple of other things to the browser! :shock: Thank you so much!
:)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am

haidawe wrote:
Anton wrote:
haidawe wrote:Just saw that you added the Fox and a couple of other things to the browser! :shock: Thank you so much!
:)
One thing though, where exactly would you find it in the item browser? Having issues finding it. :)
Items added through SUMLauncher should appear in the "Community" Tab

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am

haidawe wrote:
Anton wrote: Items added through SUMLauncher should appear in the "Community" Tab
I checked the section for Korban3 and it only has the sword that he created, the Fox does not appear, I restarted Overgrowth a few times and it still persists. :|
That's really weird, I just installed it fresh, on a clean version of Overgrowth, and it showed up for me. Try uninstalling it from SUMLauncher, and then installing it again, then see if it works.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 pm

haidawe wrote:How exactly do I do a "Fresh" install of Overgrowth? Just download the .dmg (I'm on a Mac.) And it'll overwrite all of the installation files of it?
You can do that if you want. You can also have SUMLauncher install it for you, if you choose. I'm still not sure why it would not be showing up for you.

Is anyone else having this issue?

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Anton wrote:
haidawe wrote:How exactly do I do a "Fresh" install of Overgrowth? Just download the .dmg (I'm on a Mac.) And it'll overwrite all of the installation files of it?
You can do that if you want. You can also have SUMLauncher install it for you, if you choose. I'm still not sure why it would not be showing up for you.

Is anyone else having this issue?
I just tested it on Scrubby Hills and it didn't work. It seems to be working on UFO Hangar and Red Shards though.

EDIT: Also not working on Shielded Stands.