Wolfire Oculus Rift\Razer Hydra Support?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Tecan

Wolfire Oculus Rift\Razer Hydra Support?

Post by Tecan » Tue May 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Are their any plans on adding support to the Oculus Rift VR headset or the Razer Hydra controller to Overgrowth in the future?

RagdollZombie

Re: Wolfire Oculus Rift\Razer Hydra Support?

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

I would think it would be very expencive for Wolfire to set that up with Overgrowth, but I bet it would be amazing... Apparently the Oculus Rift even makes Minecraft amazing O_O

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 pm

konchok

Post by konchok » Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 am

I don't think he was referring to receiver. Which makes said thread irrelevent. I too would like to know if there are plans on experimenting with the Oculus Rift.

Hibbe

Post by Hibbe » Fri May 17, 2013 4:19 am

I would be more interested to see the feedback from users that have played games with the oculus rift before I ask every game dev I have ever heard of, if they will be implementing it to their game, even though it might not be fitting for that title at all.

Overgrowth is a third person game, I don't see how replacing the regular camera with two floating eyes would help the immersion.

But I also don't know if it would, because I haven't seen any feedback of the finished product.

I might be sounding hostile and overly negative and that I apologize for, I understand your enthusiasm for this new technology, but I very much doubt that it will be the "game changer" some might hope that it is.

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Hibbe wrote:I would be more interested to see the feedback from users that have played games with the oculus rift before I ask every game dev I have ever heard of, if they will be implementing it to their game, even though it might not be fitting for that title at all.

Overgrowth is a third person game, I don't see how replacing the regular camera with two floating eyes would help the immersion.

But I also don't know if it would, because I haven't seen any feedback of the finished product.

I might be sounding hostile and overly negative and that I apologize for, I understand your enthusiasm for this new technology, but I very much doubt that it will be the "game changer" some might hope that it is.
I think it'll be a game changer as far as immersion goes, but you're right. I'm really not sure how it would work with a third person game.