hostage situations

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: hostage situations

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:47 am

ChampionKnifeFighter wrote:
You walk into a room, and are confronted by four armed guards. You run up to them, and are now full of metal.
I mean if you have problems dealing with four armed guards, I feel bad for you because I have 99 problems with the game but getting filled with metal isn't one of them ;)

I have actually been able to snag a person in a alerted group into the sleeper hold. Shame his buddys don't really back off, even if I do end up killing the person I have hostage.
Dat necro.

ChampionKnifeFighter

Post by ChampionKnifeFighter » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Dat necro.
Necro? You mean like dead things? I don't get it. Excuse me if it's some sort of terminology on this forum I'm unaware of. :P

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Dat necro.
Necro? You mean like dead things? I don't get it. Excuse me if it's some sort of terminology on this forum I'm unaware of. :P
Necro'ing a dead discussion dead: posting on a thread that's very old. A dead discussion comes alive again! Often people start replying onn the old posts too, which ends up being confusing.

Making a new thread and linking t the old one is often better.

ChampionKnifeFighter

Post by ChampionKnifeFighter » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Making a new thread and linking t the old one is often better.
Lol that always leads to people saying "Someone already made a thread about that, retard"
So I'm not falling for that. :roll:

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:30 pm

You walk into a room, and are confronted by four armed guards. You run up to them, and are now full of metal.
I mean if you have problems dealing with four armed guards, I feel bad for you because I have 99 problems with the game but getting filled with metal isn't one of them ;)

I have actually been able to snag a person in a alerted group into the sleeper hold. Shame his buddys don't really back off, even if I do end up killing the person I have hostage.

This highlights the main issue with Overgrowth at the moment. Enemies are really smart in the context of combat, but rock stupid in all other situations. It's gotten a little better since the days where they would jump off a cliff to get a dagger with no provocation, but they still do things that no sane individual in their position would do. An example is how they'll only run away if injured, as opposed to when they are unarmed, with no weapons in sight, just after watching an enemy spread three of their friends' entrails over a meadow with a glaive.

ChampionKnifeFighter

Post by ChampionKnifeFighter » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:10 am

It's gotten a little better since the days where they would jump off a cliff to get a dagger with no provocation
I sometimes miss that.

Does make editing the level much easier though. I can finally make that armory without asshole npcs huddling up and messing the place up :lol:

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:40 am

Peruraptor wrote:It's gotten a little better since the days where they would jump off a cliff to get a dagger with no provocation, but they still do things that no sane individual in their position would do.
Like jumping off a cliff after their enemy (that they likely kicked off), falling to both of their dooms.