Any ideas for an Overgrowth Facebook page?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Endoperez

Re: Any ideas for our Overgrowth Facebook page?

Post by Endoperez » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Bandersaur wrote:While it is true that anyone with half a brain will realise the fact that it is not official, there are some who won't.

The randomness section is unrelated
If some people who that a site that says it's not official is, in fact, official...

then there are some people who think that a game project that is on Wolfire games forums but isn't an official Wolfire project is, in fact, official.

Same applies to mods.

Should Korban3 or CryptoSeven be banned or their threads deleted because he's confusing people? Some people will make, or could make, that mistake.
Oh, and they're also "sneakily trying to generate a pittance of attention at the cost of the reputation of Overgrowth and its community", so I guess they should be ashamed of themselves.

Bandersaur

Re: Any ideas for our Overgrowth Facebook page?

Post by Bandersaur » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 am

If it actually clearly stated (in an obvious place) that it was not affiliated in any way with Wolfire games or Overgrowth in any way, I would be happier. As it is, the only indication is a tiny "Overgrowth is not a product of overgrowthdownload.com" near the very bottom of the page. Then when the legal notices are clicked, they say nothing to verify this. For the average internet user, this text might as well be invisible - for the more legally minded, it doesn't exist.

Amorphous Gamers posts on this topic are 100% correct in my opinion.

Edit: I'm ignoring your posting about the modding community. I apologise if this was meant to be a core part of your post, however I can discern no logical correlation between the two topics. - This argument has been derailed far enough as it is.

zzwerty

Re: Any ideas for an Overgrowth Facebook page?

Post by zzwerty » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:24 am

There's a difference between the Nerd^3 video and this venture. You watch Nerd^3 for a gameplay video from the point of view of the player, you watch Wolfire's alpha videos for progress videos from the developer's perspective.
However, overgrowthdownload.com really is set up in competition with Overgrowth and Wolfire's official website. It's not providing any sort of opinion on Overgrowth like OGWeekly or fan-pages, and except maybe by accident, it's not attracting new attention to Overgrowth at all, it's just putting an extra roadblock in front of potential new players who probably would've found out about the game otherwise anyway.
Maybe if this really was an attempt at generating more viral page views for Wolfire, it would be better to post some original content, or maybe to force users to 'like' the official Overgrowth Facebook page or follow @Wolfire instead of your own accounts.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:21 am

Wow!
This still exists?

The nerve of that guy.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Wolfire could contact Facebook and force it's removal, if it's hurting their sales it's hurting their sales.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:14 am

EPR89 wrote:Wow!
This still exists?
Yesterday Facebook suggested the page to me. It's got around 600 likes now.