Framerate fixed on low end pc

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Twistedbronl

Framerate fixed on low end pc

Post by Twistedbronl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:55 am

Hey Forum!

Just bought the game and having a lot of fun already.

At first i had major problems with the framerate, it was simply unplayable.
Now help topics pop up here and there around the web and the answer is either self-optimization or Alfa is Alfa.

On my low end hardware I have found a good setting to counter the framerate issues
My rig is Bad:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Dual core 2.10 GHz
GPU: Ati RadeonMobility HD 4100 series
RAM: 4Gb
All packed into my laptop.

I have found My fix for the framerate through the SUMlauncher settings and the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (VECC)
In my VECC i went to Gaming > 3D application setting and set Every possible option on performance.
In the SUM settings i roll:
800 x 600 fullscreen
No blood
V-sync on
Anti-Aliasing 4x
Anisotropic Filtering 4x (both max of my GPU)
Very low texture (doesn't matter at super low res)
Pre baked shaders

These settings made my experience with the game a lot better. It seems that maps with a lot of entities Ruin the framerate now. Also arena mode is unplayable. Moving object also worsen the framerate. Currently fighting in an empty map (as little props as possible) is possible and most freerun maps work just fine. Animations seem smooth but contact of the cataract to entities, interaction with objects, weapon play, ledge grabbing, all seem to produce some lag.
High entity count maps are still unplayable.

What i find strange is that Anti-Aliasing 4x seems to have the best improving impact on the game. I really dont get this because usually i turn this off to get better performance from other games (like Left 4 dead 2). Can someone explain me why this is?

Lastly, anyone who is having framerate issues, i advice trying the above, worked exceptionally well for me! game looks shit now but the animations/physics are smooth :P