The captive: Another FanFiction

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Lightdevil166

The captive: Another FanFiction

Post by Lightdevil166 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:42 am

Lyras, the only son of the warden, awakened as his mother kissed him on the forehead. It was already noon and all the captive murderes, war prisoners and thieves worked since the early morning. They cut out stone at the quarry near the camp, that Lyras' father watched upon. The little rabbit reached the age of 7 winters, but the 7th one was still noticeable in the current spring. It was very cold. Not for Lyras of course, as the son of the warden he did not need to worry about being chilled, for he had all the comfort he could ever wish for. But the captives needed to work for their lifes. Its even harder in the cold months. Sometimes, a wolf strangles a weaker rabbit just for a warmer place to sleep. The weak wont survive for long in general. The warden and his guards dont care about fights between the workers most of the time, but if one prevents many workers to do their duty, the responsible ones get brought away from the others. To the arena, where they must fight for their very lifes. For Lyras, those fights are the entertainment of the day. And Lyras was bored. It was good that a newcomer in the camp rebelled against the warden and his guards. So this newcomer, a thin but beefy rabbit in the prime of his life, had the "honor" to fight against the finest guard of the warden, a wolf of enormous size and power. His name was Kor and he was the mentor of Lyras. Lyras headed to the arena, he wanted to learn some new tricks from Mentor Kor that he will someday, as he hoped, use against the scum that crawls around here.

The arena was nothing like Cyndarion expected. Back in the cities, arenas are pompous places, where honor decides who wins and the bloody mess drowned in the cheers of the audience. But the arena in the camp was nothing more than a oval in which honor is less valuable than the icy and wet mud in the arena, that was fenced by wooden planks with ironspikes . "I never was a rabbit of honor anyway." There was a podest on one end of the oval from which you could easily watch the fights. As Cyndarion looked up there, he saw a little rabbit child protected and watched over by two dog soldiers armed with spears. Now his enemy entered the arena. A strong, brown wolf, with shiny yellow eyes that immediatly locked onto Cyndarion. "Unlike other wolves, he doesn't look that slow and dumb. He knows that brute force is not the highest value in a fight." From the podest, Lyras looked down onto the unequal looking fighters. A rabbit, small for his age and an experienced, strong wolf. "He could snap my neck with one paw. If only he could catch me." Without a signal, the wolve lunged forward, extremely fast for Lyras' curious eye, but for Cyndarion, still as slow as a baby crawling to his mother. He jumped over the grasping claws of Kor and responded with a kick to the shoulder in midair at the same time. Cyndarion tried to get some distance between him and Kor but the wolf was able to clutch onto the rabbits foot with one paw. Kor throwed his foe into the cold mud and almost ripped Cyndarions leg out by doing that. Cyndarion managed to stand back up, but he was slowed by his injured leg now. He now couldnt land any devestating kicks anymore but repeatedly received scratches by his enemies claws. “Rip his heart out! ,” screamed the little prince exalted by the fight.

Lyras watched the two fighters who started to circuit one another, both waiting for the enemys next move. But Lyras wasnt quite the patient boy. “Get him, Kor! ,” he screamed.

The big wolf lunged forward. Cyndarion ducked under his grasp,got behind Kor, grabbed his neck and said:”I may not be the strongest one in this arena, but I could still snap your neck now, do you want to surrender?” - “Im dead without my honor...and honor...well that isn't something you can keep by surrendering.” the wolf answered. Kor felt the grip around his head and neck getting stronger. Before the short pain he only heard:”Well fought.” Then he saw darkness and light at the same time.

The prince saw Kor lose. The unimaginable, unbelieveable, happened. Time ran slower than normal as Lyras heard the neck brake. The little moment of silence that followed, was interrupted by the little prince giving an order to his guards:”Kill the scum.

Swift as the wind on the Scrubby Hills, Cyndarion dodged the one spear thrown by Lyras' guards and catched the other. Now the bodyguards engaged Cyndarion with their knives. He threw the spear away, for it would only make him slow. „These bodyguards are only mercenaries, looking for quick and easy gold, I wonder why the warden entrusted them with the protection of his son, he is probably a very avaricious and egoistic person, like everyone with high rank I know.“ A quick fight later and Cyndarion ended up with two dead mercenaries on the ground and one knife in each hand. „Lets go home,“ he said to himself.

The warden was angry. The cold weather made his workers slow and neither whips nor hits could speed them up, they'd just start shivering more. „Maybe I should use annealed metal, but they would probably just be thankful about the warmth, Ha,“ the warden thought. Maybe he should just do it like his son, go to the arena to cheer him up. He decided to try it out. As the warden arrived at the arena, he knew something was wrong, it was far too silent for a fight to happen. There wasn't anybody on the podest, but he looked into the arena and what he saw was harrowing. He saw Kor impaled by two spears. One impaled the wolves head and kept him upright standing. The other one impaled Kors foot and stuck in the ground. Between the foot and the ground, the chest of a small rabbit lying there got impaled too, the wardens son.

The warden will probably never be the same.“ the smith of the camp said to the young guard. “Things like that do not happen because one rabbit got to escape the camp....No. If you ask me, but it might just be stupid chatter of a bored dog, this was a planned assassination on the wardens son. And I don't know who did that and why they did, but there is something bigger going on, I tell you.

Thanks for reading my second FanFiction! Please keep in mind that english is not my native language, so I just hope it doesnt look like a 10 year olds story when read. I would love some feedback and I hope you enjoyed!

I started with this FanFiction like 8 months ago, it was all about that sudden idea I had that made me want to write it. Halfway through the story (written in about 1-2 hours) I just stopped because I didnt find the right words. Months passed and sometimes I'd open this little piece of literature (can you already call it that, its quite mediocre i guess.) and wrote about... one sentence, or erased a grammar mistake I noticed upon reading it. Then, yesterday, I finally received motivation from my muse and finished it today. Now I hope it deserves a "Well done!" atleast, but dont hold back your criticism. I just love writing, no matter how shitty it is, but i want to get better. :)

You can read my very first FanFiction here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18260