Cudgels/Blunt Instruments

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Peruraptor

Cudgels/Blunt Instruments

Post by Peruraptor » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:11 am

Spending several hours repeatedly beating the corpses of rabbits with a wooden stave in Lugaru has made me realize that Overgrowth needs more Blunt Instruments, weighty solid weapons that make a nice thwack when you hit something. It would be really fun to have a weapon like a cudgel or the stave from Lugaru, something that still counted toward bludgeoning damage, but hit harder and did more permanent damage than the usually punches and kicks. It could also be more effective against armor, whenever that is fully implemented.

Etidorhpa

Re: Cudgels/Blunt Instruments

Post by Etidorhpa » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Yes that would be great , but we don't want to delay the game another 5yrs.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Etidorhpa wrote:Yes that would be great , but we don't want to delay the game another 5yrs.
Don't you have anything better to do than waste the seconds of your life you are spending typing posts like this?

And yes, I really like this idea, there is a staff weapon in Overgrowth (can't remember what its called) but it behaves more like a spear than a staff. (It cuts and causes bleeding.) I would really like this idea, especially with the new update promising to have attacking bodies in it. I would love to beat a especially hard to kill enemy with a staff over and over again after he goes down. :twisted: I support this idea.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Dammasta wrote:
Etidorhpa wrote:Yes that would be great , but we don't want to delay the game another 5yrs.
Don't you have anything better to do than waste the seconds of your life you are spending typing posts like this?

And yes, I really like this idea, there is a staff weapon in Overgrowth (can't remember what its called) but it behaves more like a spear than a staff. (It cuts and causes bleeding.) I would really like this idea, especially with the new update promising to have attacking bodies in it. I would love to beat a especially hard to kill enemy with a staff over and over again after he goes down. :twisted: I support this idea.
Goddamn Lugaru Wolves... They had it coming.

bayc

Post by bayc » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:34 pm

The dog hammer (custom, the original doesn't work) is blunt and doesn't cut. It is also really satisfying.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

bayc wrote:The dog hammer (custom, the original doesn't work) is blunt and doesn't cut. It is also really satisfying.
Well, hopefully they'll ability to use it in the normal game soon.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Here are some miscellaneous suggestions for blunt instruments as well as the hammer: Cudgel, Club, Bigger Club, Mace, Flail (Too Difficult?), Large Rock, Smaller Rocks Stuffed in a Burlap Sack, Quarterstaff (Classic), Wooden Mallet, Hefty Piece of Driftwood with a Large Nail Through it, Conveniently Placed Decorative Statue, Other Random Pieces of Nearby Scenery, etc.

bayc

Post by bayc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Also, I think the throwing rock and the brass knuckles are also considered blunt.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 pm

bayc wrote:Also, I think the throwing rock and the brass knuckles are also considered blunt.
What Alphas were those available in?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Peruraptor wrote:
bayc wrote:Also, I think the throwing rock and the brass knuckles are also considered blunt.
They are custom items.
Too lazy to check if they are in the SUMLauncher, but I'm pretty sure.

bayc

Post by bayc » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:51 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Peruraptor wrote:
They are custom items.
Too lazy to check if they are in the SUMLauncher, but I'm pretty sure.
They are.