get on with it

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
daimmx

get on with it

Post by daimmx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:49 pm

now i may be an absolute idiot, but, why doesn't David (i think thats his name) just get on with making the game instead of fine tuning everything. I mean ive been playing for about 3 years so im still pretty new, but seriously. get on with it. i wanna see some story, not some new animations. again i could just be an arrogant jerk that doesn't know anything.

underthedeep

Re: get on with it

Post by underthedeep » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:57 pm

There has been word of the team working on the Campaign, someone correct me if I am wrong. There has also been word that they are going into beta soon, hooray! He mentioned that there will be a new dev update this week, so keep your eyes peeled.

I know it's been a long ride, it has been for all of us and we feel you.

daimmx

Post by daimmx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:58 pm

o, thank christ, whew!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that they are working on the campaign (especially Aubrey) and I am pretty sure that they obviously won't include that stuff in the alphas. Balancing and working out chinks in the finished levels is stuff that happens during beta development. And I honestly don't think that giving us the story missions bit by bit is a good idea anyway. I'd like to be surprised by the finished game, instead of playing one mission and then waiting for the next update to get the next one. That would be a totally different experience for us compared to what the finished game wants to convey. We could get a wrong impression from it. And feedback would not be constructive because of that.

I think the story should stay a secret until release. We really wouldn't gain anything from knowing it in advance other than a story that unfolds with a completely different dynamic than what was intended.

The game was unofficially announced to enter beta towards the end of the year. Not sure if that information is sill accurate. I personally don't think so.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm

I'd rather have a stable game and 0 story then a story right now.

Story-worshiping shits annoy me. They have literally no arguments at all other then "I'm right."

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks for that EPR89, I wasn't sure about the beta thing.

Fingers crossed, boys.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

Implying that the game isn't pretty stable so far and that going into beta doesn't mean that David is probably fixing bugs like crazy and going to be making it more and more stable as it gets closer to release.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am

underthedeep wrote:He mentioned that there will be a new dev update this week, so keep your eyes peeled.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
*keeping eyes peeled*

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:13 pm

EPR89 wrote:I'm pretty sure that they are working on the campaign (especially Aubrey) and I am pretty sure that they obviously won't include that stuff in the alphas.
Excuse me, as far as I know the fact that they are working on the campaign is an hypothesis of us players, not supported by any official sources.
I mean, I think too that they are/have been working on the campaign, but I've never seen any official announcements by the devs. By chance did you find some? (It's good even if you don't recall exactly where)

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Korban3 wrote:Implying that the game isn't pretty stable so far and that going into beta doesn't mean that David is probably fixing bugs like crazy and going to be making it more and more stable as it gets closer to release.
It isn't right now. Getting the Overgrowth.exe error every other minute as of recently.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Sehiro wrote:
EPR89 wrote:I'm pretty sure that they are working on the campaign (especially Aubrey) and I am pretty sure that they obviously won't include that stuff in the alphas.
Excuse me, as far as I know the fact that they are working on the campaign is an hypothesis of us players, not supported by any official sources.
I mean, I think too that they are/have been working on the campaign, but I've never seen any official announcements by the devs. By chance did you find some? (It's good even if you don't recall exactly where)
so... is the information from IRC directly from the developer himself legit enough?

yes, they are working on a campaign, also yes, the new alpha coming soon is also true.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:49 pm

We are working on the campaign, and hired Jill Ogle to join the team part-time to help prototype level ideas. I will talk about this in the next video.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:58 pm

it's nice to see david say something on the forum, it gives me the feeling that bwldwbwkbawdbawdkjkbfkslhoanaoisdun i forgot what i wanted to say ohw wait no no no ohw yes i got it it give me the feeling that no no no ohw now i got it 4 real wait it doesn't give me a feeling but it think game devs should be involved with the community also like 22cans and bugbear.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Saedz wrote:so... is the information from IRC directly from the developer himself legit enough?

yes, they are working on a campaign, also yes, the new alpha coming soon is also true.
This was already official enough, but THAT vvv

David wrote:We are working on the campaign, and hired Jill Ogle to join the team part-time to help prototype level ideas. I will talk about this in the next video.
...is so officially official.

I am officially satisfied.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:38 am