Is overgrowth overly taxing on your computer?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Marksman46

Is overgrowth overly taxing on your computer?

Post by Marksman46 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am

I don't know if this a bug or a hardware issue, so I'll just post this here.

I love overgrowth, I have since the moment I saw it. But it is INSANELY taxing on my computer. I can run the new tomb raider game on high to ultra settings with a few dips here and there, but overgrowth lags with

-2 bunnies
-2 swords
and the map itself.

It runs perfectly fine, up until there is lots of blood, or when characters try to get up from being dead/knocked over.

Also, the grassy, and foresty maps are so horribly framey. And without graphical settings aside from sum launchers, (And even at the lowest) it still runs terribly. I don't know if it's optization, or what it is, but is anyone else experiencing this?

-SIDE NOTE- I played it a lot, but since the last patch, the whole "Characters getting up" lag is new. I recall the patchnotes said something about ragdolls being improved.

-SIDE- -SIDE NOTE- I have an AMD 7800 series, intel i-7 quad core, 32 gb ram.

Coroff_Jalkin

Re: Is overgrowth overly taxing on your computer?

Post by Coroff_Jalkin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:04 am

Those are pretty high specs. In both Windows and Linux my laptop can hit 120 FPS, and I'm using Intel HD 4000 and a Core i3-3110M @2.4GHz. I havent't played in a while though, so I'm gonna check back and see if I lag.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm

you know this game is alpha? (do not expect a a game wich has no lagg or bugs at all)

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:32 pm

rodeje25 wrote:you know this game is alpha? (do not expect a a game wich has no lagg or bugs at all)
It's still strange, with that resources it should run pretty well. I don't know how good the gfx card is, but the other stuff is very similar to my setup and it runs perfectly fine for me.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:52 am

Surak wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:you know this game is alpha? (do not expect a a game wich has no lagg or bugs at all)
It's still strange, with that resources it should run pretty well. I don't know how good the gfx card is, but the other stuff is very similar to my setup and it runs perfectly fine for me.
yet every computer is different

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm

I found when I was usīng an old 5850 that fiddling with GPU skinning in the settings made a massive difference to the framerate. I guess the gpu didn't support it, and maybe since your card is a few years old that is the problem. Just guessing here, I would've thought 7800 series might support it.

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:00 am

I know it's alpha, but I'm not sure that each update should be doing the opposite of optimizing?

Duff_Duffington

Post by Duff_Duffington » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 pm

My specs are:

i-7 quad 3.40GB
16GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)

I've been running lag free. I'd say it's probably the GPU.

Deadmaulerz

Post by Deadmaulerz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 am

Duff_Duffington wrote:My specs are:

i-7 quad 3.40GB
16GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)

I've been running lag free. I'd say it's probably the GPU.
Yeah that would be my guess. Then again as some people said it's still in alpha. Bugs and crashes are sprinkled throughout. How ever, if you are having issues when the particle effects are being emitted you may want to either turn down the resolution or some of the other graphical settings

:D :D :D