Unable to load certain items

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Failmaster247

Unable to load certain items

Post by Failmaster247 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi, hopefully you can help with this situation i'm having

Version: a214 build-121
all i have been trying to do is play the "Campaign" and a few custom maps, when different messages come up on different levels saying that certain items cannot be loaded/opened
No Open.png
then literally 2 seconds later it does this
then literally 2 seconds later it does this
and then overgrowth shuts down and i have to load it up from the start again

please help, i just want to enjoy this beautiful game
Attachments
hwreport.txt
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
logfile.txt
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Unable to load certain items

Post by halzoid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Campaign hasn't been implemented yet so it won't work, I'm not sure about custom levels, but I sued to have that issue too... No idea what the issue is with it

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm

I remember playing around in with that obj in blender. Have you tried looking if the model is there? If not then 1. If you use steam havenyiu tried verifying the game's cache? Or 2. If you use the drm-free version tried to redownload the game? If that doesn't work try deleting the game's cache wich i think should be located in %appdata%. I don't know it exactly because i use a mac myself.

MetalMilitia623

Post by MetalMilitia623 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:03 pm

I fired this game up for the first time in a while and just loaded the first arena map in the selector. It took a while (to be expected) but it also failed to laod some thing, however it didn't crash and eventually loaded the map. I didn't screenshot the errors because it did eventually work. Idk if it was the fish/shark looking things at the exits that were the textures that failed to load as they did seem to have the "missing texture" look.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 pm

I think you might be talking about the "whale fail" for missing objects/textures, the game will still work, but there will be small green and black whale man shape in places

MetalMilitia623

Post by MetalMilitia623 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Yes it did say whale fail, i do remember that now. Now I am wondering if this is even worth it to install through steam if verifying game cache can mess up mods and things.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:07 am

Alpha 215 added a lot of missing object to the item spawn. have you updated to it? See if you still get missing files.