Level Start Issues in Alpha 224

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jimmysoningman

Level Start Issues in Alpha 224

Post by Jimmysoningman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi there,

I had recently returned to Overgrowth after a few years due to a bit of recent exposure. I decided to go out an purchase Overgrowth Alpha 224 by the use of Steam. After the transaction I booted up the game to a familiar start screen. I headed into the editor mode as that seemed the most developed and after selecting a level, it loaded through the various items. However, after reaching the stage of which initiated the game, I was kicked out of the loading screen and out of the game with no semblance of gameplay. I'm running Overgrowth on mac with the specs listed on the steam page. If anyone has a clue of what's going on, could you inform me?

Thanks a bunch.

Autious
Project Programmer

Re: Level Start Issues in Alpha 224

Post by Autious » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Did you get any error message?

If you attached your logfile.txt from the games write directory we could perhaps see what went wrong.

The file should be in the folder: Macintosh HD/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru 2/.

What are your specs?

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks a bunch for responding,

I traversed my way into my application support folder an unfortunately, I did not find a Lugaru 2 folder. However, there was a folder named Overgrowth containing a logfile.txt

As for error messages, there were none.

Specs:

Operating System: OS X El Capitan
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Thanks for the effort.
Attachments
logfile.txt
(316.97 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Seems like the game crashes without really knowing why, sadly we don't have dumps set up for MacOSX yet, so we can't see what it is that made your game crash.

If you're on steam, i'd suggest you try and run the internal_testing beta to see if it works differently for you, you could also try some of the older releases here on the forums to see if it's a recent change that causes the issue.

You can switch to the internal_testing branch by right clicking Overgrowth, go into Properties and then the BETAS tab.

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Well. I gave the internal_testing beta a try and now the game even refuses to boot up. The icon appears on the task bar and bounces around for a few seconds and then disappears without as much as a glimpse of the select screen. I'm now going to give the previous alphas a try and I'll update you as I go.

Thanks for trying to help.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Looking back at your hardware, i realize that it may in fact be underpowered for the game. I believe it might crash because you're running out of graphics memory when loading a level in the game.

If you feel cheated by the outdated specifications on the steam page, know that we generally have a no questions asked return policy on buying the game. But to resolve that you'd have to contact support. I believe the best first point is [email protected].

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Also, as you purchased the game on steam, this might be of help: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Hey it's no problem. I'm currently looking at a new computer either way so I think I'll stay invested in this project. Thanks a bunch for the aid though. You've been incredibly helpful.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 am

Thanks man!

Every single pre-order means a lot to us.