map crashing-Solved

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
samjb1992

map crashing-Solved

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Is any one else having maps crash either on start up or half way done loading when loaded through the file/open level option? I'm on a mac and using beta and use the internal testing branch. any help would be great.
Last edited by samjb1992 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

merlyn

Re: map crashing

Post by merlyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:24 pm

samjb1992 wrote:Is any one else having maps crash either on start up or half way done loading when loaded through the file/open level option? I'm on a mac and using beta and use the internal testing branch. any help would be great.
Try disabling the steam overlay, or waiting for a very long time for the overlay to disappear before clicking file -> open.

If that doesn't help, try disabling mods and verifying the cache integrity. Then if you are still having problems, report back and let us know which level you're trying to load.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:54 pm

merlyn wrote:
Try disabling the steam overlay, or waiting for a very long time for the overlay to disappear before clicking file -> open.

If that doesn't help, try disabling mods and verifying the cache integrity. Then if you are still having problems, report back and let us know which level you're trying to load.
I tried all those and it dosent load any level. if I try to load the campaign or arena it works, it only fails if i load the level from file/open level. I can load any of my of my custom maps or default maps for editing.

the game tries to load the map, it gets to "initialising game.." then crashes. no matter what map I try.

here is the crash report i get:
a227_Mac_crash data.txt
(65.48 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 pm

samjb1992 wrote:
merlyn wrote:

I tried all those and it dosent load any level. if I try to load the campaign or arena it works, it only fails if i load the level from file/open level. I can load any of my of my custom maps or default maps for editing.

the game tries to load the map, it gets to "initialising game.." then crashes. no matter what map I try.

here is the crash report i get:
a227_Mac_crash data.txt
What level are you trying to load, specifically? I just loaded a level via file -> open on the mac (heading_north_2.xml), on internal_testing, and get no error.

Please send your crash dump zip file to [email protected], and make sure to include the files mentioned on this page - http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_T ... Overgrowth

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I don't know what happened but i restarted my computer and all the levels load now.