Unofficial Overgrowth b1 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
merlyn

Unofficial Overgrowth b1 build

Post by merlyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

The latest Overgrowth beta 1 early access build is here! You can get it DRM-free here, or you can grab it through your Steam account.

(watch in hd)

Full Changelog:
- Now in Beta, with a reimagined Lugaru campaign!
- Reorder menu to make Lugaru campaign mode much more prominent than in A227
- Fix Willow's abnormally low KO shield and damage resistance (Lugaru campaign)
- Fix black 2nd pane in split screen mode

Note for MacOS Sierra users: The settings menu and editor GUI are not working as intended right now, but we have fixes available for Steam users (internal_testing/advanced_testing), and we will be releasing these fixes for everyone in Beta 2.

If you find any bugs, please email a full description, full steps to reproduce, and your system specs to [email protected].

To download the beta, use one of these links, Steam, or log into your Humble Bundle account:

Windows: Download
Mac OS X: Download
Linux: Download

Just want the changes from the last alpha to beta 1? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/overgrowth-b1-1.zip
[+] Checksums
Windows builds:
MD5 = 628f24c415f34f510d6c1b7aa341106f
SHA1 = 458ed793a41c3c0e22152ddac538c69a1b5e51f8

Mac builds:
MD5 = fdd7558afd30677fe8b1e2cbca98143e
SHA1 = 0e2ec7b69c994a3d895b52c19123408e9a3e69f3

Linux builds:
MD5 = adaa0c4e765bc191bd3e0ec194f67b85
SHA1 = 4f107600d92097b82a69baf14c714a0bd8300cc3

Diff file:
MD5 = 30e3ad124a4949720986ec1b798ec598
SHA1 = 798be50b9a60336e054669829e10f85f3b231dfd
Subscribe to the dev blog!

djay

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth b1 build

Post by djay » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:22 am

It's really nice to see that!!!
will there be a linux64 download?

Mr.Moustache

Post by Mr.Moustache » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm

"Overgrowth is now in Beta"
It sounds strange to say these words aloud, I didn't think this day would ever come. I remember how three years ago, when I first bought the game, people already were convinced that it had died off. After all, five years IS a long time to develop a game. I remember starting to think so too, having not seen an update since buying it for the longest time. Months went by without any signs of any new builds ever coming. But slowly, Overgrowth started showing signs that people were actually working on the game: an update. In time, I would witness the recruitment of more devs, also gripped by the fires of an unyielding dedication, and a new battle plan with them. A glimmer of hope shone in my eyes as I said "Huh, they got some more people now? Cool." And finally, consistent updates finally came as I saw Arena Mode grow up from a concept starting from a crude agglomeration of colorful blocks into the 3 arenas we see now: The Waterfall, Cave, and Lava Arenas. Eventually, I would check on the development less and less, until I simply stopped playing. Back to now, I looked at Steam today and looked at Overgrowth. Nothing could prepare my anus for the news that was in stock for me. This is a day I started to give up on, a day I once gave a mystical air to, as if it would never come. But today, I did. I came right here to these forums to pointlessly rant in my rapture and be heard, even if nobody cares! So uhh... Thanks to all the Dev Team for creating this wondrous game!

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Mr.Moustache wrote:"Overgrowth is now in Beta"
It sounds strange to say these words aloud, I didn't think this day would ever come. I remember how three years ago, when I first bought the game, people already were convinced that it had died off. After all, five years IS a long time to develop a game. I remember starting to think so too, having not seen an update since buying it for the longest time. Months went by without any signs of any new builds ever coming. But slowly, Overgrowth started showing signs that people were actually working on the game: an update. In time, I would witness the recruitment of more devs, also gripped by the fires of an unyielding dedication, and a new battle plan with them. A glimmer of hope shone in my eyes as I said "Huh, they got some more people now? Cool." And finally, consistent updates finally came as I saw Arena Mode grow up from a concept starting from a crude agglomeration of colorful blocks into the 3 arenas we see now: The Waterfall, Cave, and Lava Arenas. Eventually, I would check on the development less and less, until I simply stopped playing. Back to now, I looked at Steam today and looked at Overgrowth. Nothing could prepare my anus for the news that was in stock for me. This is a day I started to give up on, a day I once gave a mystical air to, as if it would never come. But today, I did. I came right here to these forums to pointlessly rant in my rapture and be heard, even if nobody cares! So uhh... Thanks to all the Dev Team for creating this wondrous game!
Thank you, Senior Moustache. As soon as I get the upload sorted out, Beta 2 is going up too. It was already pushed up to Steam on Friday.

Edit: And now it is up, here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39973