Other unarmed combat styles

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Colven

Other unarmed combat styles

Post by Colven » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 pm

So I've noticed that there seem to be at least two different "ready" stances used in the game, Turner's traditional boxing pose and the martial arts type pose that some of the AI use. This got me thinking about the possibility of having a variety of different movesets to choose from for unarmed combat. The current system is focused mainly on kicking, which obviously makes sense for a game about kung-fu rabbits but leaves a lot of space for new design. Even just the addition of a few more hand/fist focused attack animations would some variety to combat, as most of the time (for me) the existing ones either go unnoticed or aren't used at all. I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has brought this up, but I was just wondering how feasible this sort of addition is.

EPR89

Re: Other unarmed combat styles

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:48 pm

The hooded raider - that's the one with the kung fu inspired stance - has a different move set. Instead of the roundhouse kick he has the spinning hook kick. Instead of the punch they have the hook. Instead of the knee he has that kung fu straight punch.

Colven

Re: Other unarmed combat styles

Post by Colven » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Oh whoops, really? That's embarrassing. Any idea if any more are planned?