How to fight multiple enemies?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Gifted

How to fight multiple enemies?

Post by Gifted » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

One thing I love about this game is the realistic combat. I want to be able to fight multiple enemies at once with pure skill though. I've tried slow motion and it doesn't seem possible. Because I can't really dodge fast enough or block fast enough or cancel attacks. Any tips?

Silverfish

Re: How to fight multiple enemies?

Post by Silverfish » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:39 am

From my experience it's a lot about positioning and not exposing yourself to attacks. I try to move away from one of the enemies so that I can fight the other enemy 1v1 for a couple of seconds seven though his friend is just a few steps away. As soon as I manage to separate them a bit, like if I mange to kick one of them away, I try to fight the other one as much as possible, and hopefully that one will be unable to fight by the time the first one comes back.

It's still really hard though, the tactics that can be used in 1v1 might not work at all in 2v1.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:44 am

I agree with silverfish, but a thing to add is to aim to use quick attacks, spin kicks will get you knocked down immediately, try standing still when attacking, or getting really close for a few jabs, aim to not give the others enough time to Attack too

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks guys. Yeah it seems like these strategies work best. Still, wish if you got good enough, you could take on a bunch at once without separating them like that.

koolkastle

Post by koolkastle » Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 am

I've been playing for a couple years now and the best way to deal with multiple enemies from my experience has been counter throws. When one enemy attacks, counter it and throw them down. This gives you a moment of peace.The other enemy will most likely be attacking the moment you're done with this maneuver, so counter that attack as well but finish it off with a kick to push his body away. This will give berth between the two enemies and if your hits land, you can start to attack each one individually, just like you were supposed to in Lugaru. 1v1. That's the only way I've been able to defeat two enemies in the arena mode. It's impossible to block and kick all the attacks if they're surrounding you.

ALSO! You can edit the game difficulty at the start menu. Just click Settings, Game, and slide down that difficulty to 0. They'll still attack you like they did before, however, they block/counter far less and don't attack you on the ground. I can deal with 3 to 4 enemies this way, just like with Lugaru. It is a bit easy once you've fought on the highest difficulty though. Maybe there's a happy middle ground?

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed May 31, 2017 12:14 am

Thanks for the cool tips. I love this game, have played it for years. I would love to see something in Turner's kit for dealing with multiple enemies. Make it insanely hard to pull off. In real life it's almost impossible to fight multiple enemies....... but maybe the most skilled fighter can. I want that opportunity in overgrowth as well without only using positioning to do so.

EDIT: Btw.. I can't find difficulty in my version of OG. It's the one before the latest.