Unknown app object type: IMPulseAlpha

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RedMann

Unknown app object type: IMPulseAlpha

Post by RedMann » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Every time I make a new dialogue, either during a preview of the dialogue or during the editing of the dialogue, my game freezes and crashes. I get a message that says "Unknown app object type: IMPulseAlpha"
I'm working on a custom campaign and this is really impeding my progress.

Mabon-Tail

Re: Unknown app object type: IMPulseAlpha

Post by Mabon-Tail » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am

I get the same error, but it happens to me the instant the game launches. I reported my copy of the bug via email before, but I'm not anticipating a response, considering that [email protected] is likely just a bug reporting email. I've attached a crash report within this post. The game loads up a command prompt, and after a few seconds, the game pulls up a black screen, plays what I presume to be the main menu music, and then pulls up the Unknown Object Type: IMPulseAlpha error, then crashes. I've opted into no betas, downloaded no mods from the Steam Workshop, and even deleted and reinstalled the game at least twice, but the error message still comes up all the same.
Attachments
crash_b3.1-2-gf0c809e_build-3692_2017-06-03_09-06-49.7z
Latest Overgrowth Crash Report compressed in 7-Zip format
(64.01 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

merlyn

Re: Unknown app object type: IMPulseAlpha

Post by merlyn » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:23 pm

That error is kind of a red herring. It just means the game crashed, and then it crashed again while trying to log out script data to the logfile for debugging. Unfortunately, it can be totally different crashes that cause the problem. We probably should get this fixed at some point so that people who see that error don't think they have the same crash as someone else...

RedMann - Please send an email and attach your hwreport.txt and logfile. Also attach your crash dump if you have it. Send it to [email protected] - you can find instructions on how to find those two files here: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_T ... Overgrowth
Mabon-Tail wrote:I reported my copy of the bug via email before, but I'm not anticipating a response
We read all those emails and then put them in our queue to resolve. We don't reply to all of them, unless we need more info, or there's something you can do on your end to resolve the problem, or unless your computer doesn't meet specs. If it's a bug we have to fix, it basically sits on the developer's plate until we get a fix made.

Mabon-Tail, if you want to reply to the auto-response you got back, I can also double check and make sure your ticket didn't somehow get lost.