Steam Overlay Problem that affects the whole game

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RylanLego

Steam Overlay Problem that affects the whole game

Post by RylanLego » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Overgrowth has been pretty fun, but I've had a little problem for the longest time. My game is always dark when there isn't a little message or overlay from steam on the screen. I have examples in the screenshots I took. The game will only be bright when there's an overlay, and I would really like to play the game without constantly pressing F12 just for a bright screen. :lol:
Attachments
BRIGHTNESS
BRIGHTNESS
BLINDNESS
BLINDNESS

merlyn

Re: Steam Overlay Problem that affects the whole game

Post by merlyn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Have you tried disabling the Steam overlay entirely and seen if that helps?
Game library -> right click on Overgrowth -> Properties -> uncheck "Enable the Steam overlay while in-game"

If that doesn't help, please try disabling all mods and clearing your game cache. Here's how to clear the game's cache: wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_to_clear_the_game's_cache

If this still doesn't help, please send us an email and include:
1. Detailed steps that cause this to happen (from the point of launching the game)
2. Attach your logfile.txt and hwreport.txt - Here's instructions on how to find those files on your computer: wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_To_Report_a_Bug_in_Overgrowth

Email these to [email protected], and make sure you include all those things mentioned above.

RylanLego

Re: Steam Overlay Problem that affects the whole game

Post by RylanLego » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Thank you for responding! Just tried the two steps, but the issue remains, so I'll start my email. Luckily this isn't the biggest problem and I'm glad you guys are here to help. I'll post back with soon. :)