My REVIEW on STORY MODE *SPOILERS*

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DECLAN FARRELL

My REVIEW on STORY MODE *SPOILERS*

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 am

So I completed the story in about 4 hrs on max difficulty and to be honest it was really fun. I want to know more about the lore of their world, how it functions, the history how they learned to fight/parkour....
Windows 10, AMD FX8320 3.5GHZ, GTX 970, 8GB RAM, and i still dropped to 30fps sometimes not cool.
The best part of the game (combat wise) was the arena and I think you should extend it because it was so much fun. I think not every fight in the arena needs to be story driven it could be just to past the time extend the game length and rabbit vs rabbit (no weapons) fights are the best fights you can have because you are equally matched and don't have to use the rabbit kick to kill them constantly.
However some fights I think were just plain annoying for example cats throw their weapon so often and so quick on max difficulty you just can't react in time to block because they throw them when you're just 2 meters away and proved to be a very frustrating battle.
The last boss battle in the game was also just fucking shit. Respawn after respawn after respawn just because the boss was spawned right next to you after the dialogue they would attack before you could even react no joke the last boss battle took me an hour of constant respawn just because there was no way to react to how fast that rabbit attacked.
One more complaint about the combat is how in gods name can cats and dogs block my sword attack and then take the sword off me and kill me with my sword but I cannot block their sword attacks and disarm them? I've been playing game for 6 years and I swear this has never been the case. Some bosses block so well that you can't even hit them and i think to make sword fights last a little longer Turners auto block when holding a sword should be better because after one strike from a cats sword he drops his sword and theres nothing you can do except die from the next attack. If you picked up a weapon and then a cut scene happened and then you died and respawned from the last cut scene you didn't have your weapon which i think is bad. Weapons are so powerful and i think if you manage to keep a hold of one you should be able to keep it. Perhaps a inventory so you can manage what sword or knife you have. Also that rabbit kick is too powerful and you can cheese the enemies with it making the combat redundant.
The levels look full and amazing visually Im so impressed the swamp especially and slate farm (which i think should be bigger as in more slaves and grass). I wish the levels didn't move on so quickly after a fight so you could explore a little bit maybe add some little trophies which are scattered around every level and you can collect them and perhaps create an exit to each level so you can leave when you want to. Having a little side quest in each level were you can help a villager find his friend who got lost in the woods and fight some more bandits... i dunno. The game moved too fast from cut scene to cut scene it needed some time to breath let the viewer see the world you have created.
Some animations need work like crouching while standing still it looked kinda funny especially if you crouched and pressed right click your arms would break :lol:
Overall I really enjoyed the story and i can't believe the game is almost finished. So much has happened in my life since I bought it and it is journey that I will always remember. I hope my points are alright and remember they are just my opinion.
Thanks