What Martial Art Does Turner Know

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RandomName

What Martial Art Does Turner Know

Post by RandomName » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:20 pm

I was playing an intense game of Magma Arena and the thought dawned upon me, what martial art does Turner know?

It has to be a Martial Art that is based on throws, punches, kicks, legsweeps and knees.
My theory is that one of these martial arts could be what he uses.

Judo - Judo is a martial art that is all about throws, hence why Turner uses a throw to counter his opponents.
Muay Thai - I believe this is also a candidate because Muay Thai is all punches, knees and kicks which are mainly Turner's entire arsenal of attacks, the legsweep, the punch, the roundhouse, the rabbit kick.
Kickboxing - The same for Kickboxing except without the knees or sweeping.
Bokator - An ancient Cambodian art that uses weapons and strikes to defeat an amount which explains Turner's expert knowledge of how to use swords, staves or knives.

And finally, the most likely for this is MCMAP - A martial art that was developed by the Marines that utilizes strikes as such kicks, punches and other and weapons.

In this thread, my goal was to try and accomplish what kind of Martial Art he knows and I guess the best answer is Mixed Martial Arts, Turner clearly has an understanding of multiple fighting arts, he's shown that from his increasingly impressive weapon combat or his striking ability or even his skill to fight all forms of animals with ease, but it begs the question, which one does he do? If he does any one of these where does his rear naked choke come from? Hopefully, some of the developers can shed some light on this!

And before I end this thread, I want to ask the question if we're ever going to get to see more of Turner's striking or other combat skills, such as his use of elbows or perhaps another attack like the rabbit kick like the flying knee. (Muay Thai)
And before I end this off, I would want to thank Wolfire for creating quite possibly my favourite game, you four did a great job and I commend you!
- Random

Rollo

Re: What Martial Art Does Turner Know

Post by Rollo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Wolfire probably took inspiration from multiple different Martial Arts, definitely including the ones you mentioned. Turner probably just uses his own style he learned from years of fighting, which takes elements from all of them.

All his attacks really make use of his strongest abilities: his legs and his speed. My theory is that he created his own fighting style that utilizes said abilities, which happen to fall into place with human techniques we have, just morphed for rabbit people - if you get what I'm saying.

That's my theory anyway.

RandomName

Re: What Martial Art Does Turner Know

Post by RandomName » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 am

I was looking more into it, and I couldn't find of any main martial art that teaches everything he knows.

And, so I have named his knowledge of Martial Arts, Lugarfu.
In the story, it says he grew up in Lugaru so it only makes sense for him to have learned his skills there.

I believe this is a mix of Muay Thai, Judo, Taekwondoe and Bokator to create and develop this. Along with that, I believe Kickboxing helped in his speed and strength training along with some Muay Thai conditioning as strong legs is a mandatory thing in Muay Thai.
But I also believe Taekwondoe is the main Martial Art in it because this art relies on Kicking and Punching, the majority of Turner's attacks.