Will there ever be more arenas?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RandomName

Will there ever be more arenas?

Post by RandomName » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:21 pm

While I was playing a bit of Overgrowth, I was looking over some of the files for maps and I came to the arenas folder and I played through nearly all of them and I gotta ask why some of the arenas were never added, some of completely done and just need a border.

Ones like the overgrown arena, construction temple arena, courtyard cage are perfect ones to be used, they're nearly all done and with a few improvements to the environment, they could easily become some great maps and some of the current ones can eventually get boring.
Maybe, in some future update, we could get some more arenas.

Some ideas being: A swamp-based one, a snow arena, a mountain one or the arenas mentioned above.
What do you all think?

merlyn

Re: Will there ever be more arenas?

Post by merlyn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:27 am

We're not currently working on the arena mode at all. We have a skeleton crew working on Overgrowth at the moment. Most of the team is working on a prototype for an unannounced game.

We're only planning one milestone at a time right now. The milestone we are currently working on is going to be a revision to combat, to make the expert and hardcore difficulty levels a bit harder, and to make them play a bit more like the combat in the alphas. It will also contain bug fixes, some modding improvements, and possibly some performance improvements.

It is possible we might do more content updates in the future, and a revamp of the arena mode is one that we might consider. Right now, we don't have any specific plans to do that.

There are some new arena maps available on the Steam Workshop that you could play. You can of course post more arena ideas in this thread. Posting on the Steam Workshop discussion forum, or in #modding on our Discord server (http://discord.gg/wolfire) might be the fastest way to get the attention of a modder, and inspire them to make some new arenas.

Petnn

Re: Will there ever be more arenas?

Post by Petnn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Maybe by 2025