Object manipulation bugs!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
zamzx zik

Object manipulation bugs!

Post by zamzx zik » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Since there seems to be quite a few anomalies when it comes to messing with objects, this topic is devoted to them. Go ahead and re-post reports concerning them here; It's easier to find them if they're all in one place

Specs
2.16ghz intel core duo
RadeonX1600, 1gb of ram.

After moving objects with the arrow keys ( Done by highlighting an object(s)) I sometimes cannot pan the camera around or move the mouse until after I
a) Move that object by clicking on it and dragging it (and if I do that, the moment I click the object it flies off a short distance, to a seemingly random location.
or
b) I move it around a bit more with the arrow keys.

The camera starts shaking if the object you are moving is hitting/going through the camera.

Then there's the common "Made an object too small" for the game bug, which is easy to cause by simply trying to scale something and accidently make it too small.

More to come,

~Zam

ChazFox
XD

Re: Object manipulation bugs!

Post by ChazFox » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Manipulating an object by mouse is very tricky, as it's oversensitive, causing me to all too often crush either the rock or block into the 2nd dimension, which has crashed the alpha several times, including once getting an error about attempting inversion on a singular matrix, which I can only imagine relates to dividing by zero. Good job it crashed before my comp turned into a black hole. :3

3.2GHZ Dual Core AMD processor
2GB Ram
512MB GeForce 8600 graphics card
(I also have Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, so when the Linux Alpha is released I might give it a shot on there too, to help on that front. ^^)

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 pm

The game crashes if it tries to load a .obj file where the faces have no texture coordinate information. For example, this will break:

f 3//1 1//1 2//1

whereas this works:

f 3/0/1 1/0/1 2/0/1

It's not such a problem that the program refuses to work with untextured objects; it's more the crash (apparently due to some memory problem) when it tries.

Ignoramus

Post by Ignoramus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:52 pm

I found that scaling an object through the ground crashed it on mine. It was the rock and the scaling tool was being really sensitive so it went through the ground and crashed. The error said something about inverse z something something but I forgot to save it :(

Sumguy720

Post by Sumguy720 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:26 pm

When dragging the rock in the translation mode, if the cursor at any time drags beyond the rock, the rock stops moving.

For example, clicking the rock and dragging it very quickly will produce this result as does clicking near the edge of the rock and moving it at any speed.

EDIT: This also occurs with scaling and rotating, which is part of the reason why these seem to behave so strangely.
So the mouse stops interacting if it's not in contact with an object.