Digg thread

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Digg thread

Post by Jeff » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Hey guys, could you please go here: http://blog.wolfire.com/2008/12/knytt-s ... sign-tour/ and click the Digg button at the bottom?

That would be awesome if David's video got on Digg! It has 42 diggs already. :)

Skofo

Re: Digg thread

Post by Skofo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 am

I'd upvote if there was a Reddit button. I don't like Digg. Most people there are assholes and almost the only things that hit the front page are posted by people that play the system most of the day. Nonetheless, it's a nice site for marketing (if a part of your target market are dense people).

Fun tip if you're going to try to get Diggs to market something: submit posts around 4pm in the US, when most kids get out of school and hop onto their computers. Posting late in the afternoon or early in the morning isn't likely to break you through to the front page. Another fun tip is to find a friend that's a Digg player, so he can submit your post and get his "buddies" to digg the story up and get it to the front page easier.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Re: Digg thread

Post by Jeff » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks for the tip. :) David's previous design tour made it onto Reddit after being posted on Boing Boing. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to get a Reddit widget set up on the blog, so I put on a Digg widget.

Unfortunately Knytt Stories is not as hot as World of Goo right now, so it's not really getting a lot of publicity. It was a noble effort though!