What is this forum for now?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
R3537L1F3

What is this forum for now?

Post by R3537L1F3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

:?: This may not be the right place to ask but I got access via the Humble Bundle Monthly bundle and was curious as to what am I getting here that wouldn't be normally accessible to me as a normal user? Just a bit confused since I (and other's who bought the bundle) clearly didn't preorder the game so us there something here that will give us more in-game?

merlyn

Re: What is this forum for now?

Post by merlyn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Things you can only get in this forum:
  • The SUMLauncher utility, which is the community's mod distribution tool, and I believe is the only option if you're a non-Steam person: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201
  • Old builds of Overgrowth: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39656
  • Mods that have not (yet) been migrated to the workshop. Many of them have, but not all of them: viewforum.php?f=16 (or get the SUMLauncher, which ideally contains just about all of these)
  • A few modding guides that haven't been fully migrated to the Wiki (http://wiki.wolfire.com), and weren't thoroughly covered in old video tutorials. We hope to reduce this count to 0 over time
  • A long archive of historical posts and conversation about the game
  • A place to talk that's a bit less noisy than the Steam or Reddit forums (places where you don't have to own the game to post)
If none of that sounds appealing, then this probably won't be a super interesting place for you :)

It should probably be called the "secret" forum now, or something like that. The name definitely made more sense before we left early access.

R3537L1F3

Post by R3537L1F3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Ah ok that all makes since thanks. There were post about pre-order games and with broken links and learning those are given with non-bundled versions I wasn't sure what was here. Thanks for clarifying it! :D

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Yep, those posts need to be updated to make it clear that you don't get them if you didn't buy the game by itself.

Receiver isn't available in the SPF anymore. You get it automatically when purchasing Overgrowth by itself. When you buy a bundle that contains Overgrowth, you don't get Receiver.

I'm not 100% sure about low light combat, desperate gods, black shades, etc. I don't think they get automatically unlocked when purchasing the game, but it is possible you might be able to grab them on the forums - I'm not sure. Maybe Lukas can chime in on those, or I can check into those later.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:57 am

I don't know how to verify this easily, but I think you get Low Light Combat when purchasing Overgrowth from Humble Bundle, like with Receiver.

Desperate Gods is free, but it seems like people are having some trouble with the servers not working: http://www.wolfire.com/desperate-gods
Black Shades is free too: http://www.wolfire.com/black-shades

We should really clear all of this up and write it somewhere on the forums!

chris-dude

Post by chris-dude » Thu May 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Silverfish wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:57 am
I don't know how to verify this easily, but I think you get Low Light Combat when purchasing Overgrowth from Humble Bundle, like with Receiver.

Desperate Gods is free, but it seems like people are having some trouble with the servers not working: http://www.wolfire.com/desperate-gods
Black Shades is free too: http://www.wolfire.com/black-shades

We should really clear all of this up and write it somewhere on the forums!
excuse me for asking, but could it be possible for a user to get a download link for ''receiver'', even when they got ''overgrowth'' through humble bundles bundle offer?
it would be nice, because i would love to experience that game (receiver) as well.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm

chris-dude wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:00 pm
excuse me for asking, but could it be possible for a user to get a download link for ''receiver'', even when they got ''overgrowth'' through humble bundles bundle offer?
it would be nice, because i would love to experience that game (receiver) as well.
When we sell Overgrowth in game bundles, we sell it at an extreme discount. Because of this we don't offer Receiver along with it for free.

Receiver is a $5 game normally, and also sometimes goes on sale.

Masgaliver

Post by Masgaliver » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:01 pm

color by numberAs for darkened battles, desperation deities, shadowy figures, etc., I'm not really certain. You won't receive them when you buy the game, but you may be able to find and download them from the community forums. Perhaps Lukas can provide some light on it, or I can do some research on it later.