Restore license/key

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bmaker

Restore license/key

Post by bmaker » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:10 am

Hi,

I've just noticed Overgrowth was released on Steam. I wondered why I wasn't notified, because I had already preordered Overgrowth years ago. I even downloaded some of the early alphas. I think I was one of the first to preorder the game.

Unfortunately it seems that I used an email address of mine that was deleted between now and then. I don't even remember which mail address I used. I also could not find any information about it in my backups. My license also does not appear in my humble bundle account. But if I recall correctly, at the time I didn't even preorder it via Humble Bundle, because this preorder option was not even available then (but it's many years ago so I could be wrong).

So far, the only way for me to prove that I've actually preordered the game at some point in time is that I have access to this forum account.

Is there any way for the Wolfire team to check which key/license is linked - directly or indirectly - to my forum account?

Best regards,
bmaker

alpines

Re: Restore license/key

Post by alpines » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:57 am

Since you have access to the secret preorder forum your chances are not bad since you can only get access if you have purchased this game.
Your chances are best if you contact the wolfire team directly and state your problem, hopefully you'll be able to get your key back!

http://www.wolfire.com/contact

bmaker

Re: Restore license/key

Post by bmaker » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:34 pm

alpines wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:57 am
Since you have access to the secret preorder forum your chances are not bad since you can only get access if you have purchased this game.
Your chances are best if you contact the wolfire team directly and state your problem, hopefully you'll be able to get your key back!

http://www.wolfire.com/contact
Thank you, I just sent them a mail.