Multiplayer Tips and Problems

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Alorwin

Multiplayer Tips and Problems

Post by Alorwin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:50 am

With the help of a friend I went to figuring out some of the multiplayer finnickynesses...

createlocal creates a local-client into your own server. Pressing 8 on the other hand, does not. [that means createlocal is how you interact with people connecting to you]

Pressing tab slows down what you do and what you see. But they still move full speed, and see you as such. [Not a problem, since the server/clients still parse the commands given in order, regardless.]

IP can be replaced with a "web" address, if it resolves via DNS. [that means I createserver bunnytest.bounceme.net 10000 Bunny to make a server, instead of using an IP]

Edit: I'll leave that server up, so anyone who reads this can createclient bunnytest.bounceme.net 10000 into it, if they want.

Edit 2: Whenever I create a server, it says "Server (IP doesn't take) <whatever I used, IP or address>:<port>" again, regardless of it I use an address or an IP

Ltp0wer

Re: Multiplayer Tips and Problems

Post by Ltp0wer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Why make a new thread?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4498

Alorwin

Re: Multiplayer Tips and Problems

Post by Alorwin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Felt like it'd grab more attention to the createlocal fact then posting in yours, which was primarily what I was after.