Alpha 11 problem with tool pane

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
alethiophile

Alpha 11 problem with tool pane

Post by alethiophile » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:43 pm

I just downloaded Alpha 11. When I run it, it runs fine, but the tool pane shows up only as a white box that doesn't do anything (I can't move it). I can still look around, move the camera, etc. Anyone know about this? I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.6; it worked for the last alpha I tried, number 9.

Ltp0wer

Re: Alpha 11 problem with tool pane

Post by Ltp0wer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:23 pm

alethiophile wrote:I just downloaded Alpha 11. When I run it, it runs fine, but the tool pane shows up only as a white box that doesn't do anything (I can't move it). I can still look around, move the camera, etc. Anyone know about this? I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.6; it worked for the last alpha I tried, number 9.
This has been mentioned many many times. Check the Alpha 11 sticky.

For a temporary fix, copy the UI folder from the old alpha to the new alpha

tahl

Post by tahl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:00 am

Ltp0wer wrote:
alethiophile wrote:I just downloaded Alpha 11. When I run it, it runs fine, but the tool pane shows up only as a white box that doesn't do anything (I can't move it). I can still look around, move the camera, etc. Anyone know about this? I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.6; it worked for the last alpha I tried, number 9.
This has been mentioned many many times. Check the Alpha 11 sticky.

For a temporary fix, copy the UI folder from the old alpha to the new alpha
what is the "Alpha 11 sticky" i'm still not sure how to fix it

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 am

A 'sticky' is basically a forum thread that always stays at the top of the first page. Usually for important topics like news posts or, in this case, the alpha thread =P

Also, do you have an older version of the alpha? if so then you just copy the folder named 'ui' into a safe spot, uninstall that alpha then install the new one, then put the UI folder where it should be...