Shale Guard (File Released)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Hale

Shale Guard (File Released)

Post by Hale » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:51 am

Shale Guard
(Version 2.0)
(1.5)
(1.0)

-Here lies the outpost "Shale Guard." It was made to protect a town of Rabbits in the valley behind. Approximately a half a decade after the fort's construction, refugees from a multi-breeded colony to the north that was obliterated by wolves gained shelter from the Rabbits of Shale Guard. Because of the sudden outburst of population, the small village could no longer support the inhabitants of the outpost. Eventually, the balance of race shifted out of the Rabbits favor, and over the course of a single year Shale Guard slowly dwindled down to nothing more than a menial shelter for those traveling south.

Far later, a family of Dogs hunted by their neighbor Wolves fled to Shale Guard's walls. Because dogs are rather resourceful, they mined stone from the mountain side and created the bridge/gate (Left on picture) to further protect the abandoned village. However, because the resources of the land did not meet the Dog's requirements, (Favorable food and shelter) they too also fled to the south.

Finally, over two decades after the construction of Shale Guard itself, it fell back into the hands of Rabbits. They refortified the outpost with more function equipment, (Trebuchet and such) and reinhabited the village. But because of the growing territory of the northern breed of Wolves, they are under constant fear. Shale Guard is frequently assaulted by small families of wolves, however the wolves never ravage more then the fort. Why? They leave the village alone so that the Rabbits can repopulate, and produce more "food".

Shale guard has a mixed history, but at it's current stage it's still rather impressive. As stated before, it is under attack rather often, but it's trade supply is abundant and still remains relatively safe.

-This is the wall made by the Dogs after they fled the grasp of Wolf territory.

-The small village (Only made to house a few families of Rabbits). It's main resources are supplies such as food and stone.

-Villagers dug deep into the mountainside searching for useful materials.

-These are some of the stones and artifacts they gathered from the cliff.

-This establishment was made for the growth of Corn. Because each farm had such a specific task to preform, the outcome resulted in high quality products.

-Here is the Apple Orchard. (The actual trees will be in the next version). The plantation has the house adjacent to the farm and storage section.

-This is the Carrot farm. While it is the smallest, it still produces enough for the entire village. The large cylinder beside it is a silo for storing wheat.

-Finally we have the biggest and more elaborate facility, the Inn. The buildings at the bottom of the screen are the Inn's rooms. The small, far left building is the manager's office. The largest room in the middle is the bar. And the right most section is the outdoor dining area/wine cellar. Here are some interior images...

-The Bar. (Obviously unfinished)
-The wine cellar.

-This room is actually apart of Shale Guard itself. It serves as a storage room for the numerous tools and equipment for the mining.

-This is a simple example of one of their tools. (Sledge hammer)

Final two pictures of the fort and village...

So yeah, it's pretty obvious that there isn't much too it yet. This is the first thing I've ever attempted to make on the OG map editor. Also, I must give thanks for Nimai again seeing how I used his ladder, and a few other trinkets he created in his map.

Stay tuned for A LOT more, it should be pretty interesting to fool around with when it's done...
Attachments
GreenHills.xml.zip
(84.65 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Last edited by Hale on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Maximopartra

Re: Shale Guard (OG Map)

Post by Maximopartra » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 am

It looks like Shale Guard is going to be AWESOME!!! Seriously, great job! Keep going, can't wait to start jumping around there!

keep up the good work :mrgreen:

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:28 am

neat 8)

Nimai

Post by Nimai » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 am

OMG!!! This is SO Awesome!!!
Please post a pic of everything new you make!!

Nimai

Post by Nimai » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:52 am

hey cool my ladder :D

John

Post by John » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 am

Well done Hale. Nice looking scene. I didn't know there were table assets :). I also like the bricks you used to accent the base of the wall.

Hale

Post by Hale » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:07 am

Trebuchet, anyone?

Picture 1

Picture 2

While I don't really think it has room to function, it still shows the once glory of the outpost, aye?
Last edited by Hale on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 am

That is awesome!

<its a crazy contraption its mouse trap>

On another note I really hope you can get things like this to actually work by making the "Physic Objects" twould be cool

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Wow, this looks incredible. If you put another wall some ways behind it you could potentially have more room for building stuff on the ground. Also, yes, the trebuchet has no room to swing at all XD

(speaking of that, trebuchets in LittleBIGPlanet are fun =) )

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:04 am

OOooohhh, that is niiiiiiiice.
Wow, the community really is churning out some real good stuff here =D

I wish I had an intel... Ahhh...

zamzx zik

Post by zamzx zik » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 pm

hahahah that sucks man

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:50 pm

The images won't load for me. Ask Jeff to host them for you on the Wolfire server.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Feel free to use the forum's upload feature as well

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Jeff wrote:Feel free to use the forum's upload feature as well
As it is now It limits you to 3 images per post. Could you increase that number?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Done. It's now 30