Shale Guard (File Released)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Phillip

Re: Shale Guard (OG Map)

Post by Phillip » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Ah, so cool! I must say I'm thrilled by this recent explosion in level building. It's motivating me to work harder and improve things and provide ever more tools :).

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 am

lol, from 3 to 30

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 am

Finally got the images to load =)
This is looking great! I love how you are working a history into the reason why this place exists and how it came to be this way. please keep adding little hints and cues to this in the design.
The broken bricks in the wall are also a great design choice. be sure to add lots more signs of wear and tear.

CrazyWolfie

Post by CrazyWolfie » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Reminds me of Undying. Good game.

Ah, I remember! The abandoned monk's home, now home to howlers.

Hale

Post by Hale » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am

Hey all, I apologize for not posting any new content in a while. Apparently my Overgrowth decided to completely fail on me, and I am currently unable to edit. I do have some new content, but I am unable to post it at the moment, either way be looking out for new features soon people.

Hale

Post by Hale » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 am

Aha, the sweet taste of victory over randomly occurring glitches. So yes, I'm now finally able to show you guys some updates on the entire Outpost, shall we?

Picture 1

-As you can see, I mainly upgraded the barracks on your right. I also fixed a lot of the wall texturing to make it higher resolution. (I.E. Smaller blocks locked together, not one massive block).

Picture 2

-Here I added "punching" bags for the garrison. Rabbot stands on a overhang looking down on the training area.

Picture 3

-This is a small lookout tower which is accessible via a ladder.

Picture 4

-I'd like to introduce one of my more finer achievements, indoors. This is a lower room which is right in the middle wall section. On the first picture you can see where the stairs lead to. This room would be a simple storage room.

Picture 6

-I'd also like to showcase this hammer I made. It's rather simple, but I thought it was nifty. In the map there are also pic axes for the mining. (I'll let you find those yourself)

Picture 7

-This damaged room is adjacent just right of the main barracks.

Picture 8

Picture 9

-Here are two last images of the outpost...

Again, It's unfinished. The end result will have more features branching away from the wall, and maybe a village or two behind the wall. All in all, there is still a lot more to come, aye? Also, I'm planning to release the actual xml file within a couple of days, aight?
Last edited by Hale on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:20 pm

yay!!! lookin awesome

Hale

Post by Hale » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Picture
-The outpost has now been extended with a bridge/gate to your left...

Picture 1
-Here is Rabbot standing in the new bell tower.

Picture 2
Alrighty, so I decided that this fort would be worthless if it wasn't protecting anything, so here I give you one of my best additions. While it may not be apparent yet, this small village consists of three farm plantations, a couple of housing units, and a inn/pub. Soon to be added will be the smithery and town center.

Picture 3
-Here is the local "Corn" farm. The larger building is the actual farm, while the smaller one to the right is the house. Also take notice of the pulling cart in front of the farm. The panel of wood which is tilted leads to the cellar storage room. Just so you know, the farm is actually accessible and has 4 stories.

Picture 4
-This is the Apple orchard. While the actual trees are not present, they will be in the final version. In this plantation, the housing is adjacent to the farm. I also made a little scarecrow for the field.

Picture 5
-This is the Carrot farm. While it is the smallest, it still produces enough for the entire village. The large cylinder beside it is a silo for storing wheat.

Picture 6
-Finally we have the biggest and more elaborate facility, the Inn. The buildings at the bottom of the screen are the Inn's rooms. The small, far left building is the manager's office. The largest room in the middle is the bar. And the right most section is the outdoor dining area/wine cellar. Here are some interior images...

Picture 7
-The Bar. (Obviously unfinished)
Picture 8
-The wine cellar.

Picture 9
-And again, one last look of what the town currently stands at. I'm going to update the first post with the new pictures/background story, aye?

Also, the xml file will be coming out tomorrow, around 6:00 PM EST, so be watching!
Last edited by Hale on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:19 pm

:shock:
*thumbs up*

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:34 pm

That's very cool, man! Great work!

Groveller

Re: Shale Guard (Updated)

Post by Groveller » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:11 pm

That all looks very good!

Would you mind scaling down your images a little next time, though? At 2meg each there's a bit of a wait for them to load.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent =D

However I agree with Groveller, upload smaller images, jpgs, or best would be to upload it using the forum's upload system, because it automatically generates a smaller preview image.

Hale

Post by Hale » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Okay, edited the first post with images which are all around the size of 400 kb, aye? The rest of my posts have links which lead to the large version pictures.

Thanks for the comments people, and again, the xml file will be out tomorrow...

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:00 am

Hale wrote:Okay, edited the first post with images which are all around the size of 400 kb, aye? The rest of my posts have links which lead to the large version pictures.

Thanks for the comments people, and again, the xml file will be out tomorrow...
Good man. Can't wait for the file to check this out in person =)

Hale

Post by Hale » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm

The Xml File

-Finally, here is the file. It's mostly complete, however I'll probably spend a few days tinkering with different things here and there. Luckily for you, it's rather functional. There are those certain spots where random glitches will send rabbot flying, but nothing is perfect. Either way, take time to enjoy it all. Later tonight I will post some pictures of all that I've added in the xml file. (Forge, Town Center, Temple, etc...etc...)

Oh yes, and topping off at over 2000 objects, I doubt every computer will be able to run this. Pity...

Enjoy?
Attachments
GreenHills.xml.zip
(84.65 KiB) Downloaded 91 times