The Great Battle Of Lugaru Part 1

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
tomascokis

Re: The Great Battle Of Lugaru Part 1

Post by tomascokis » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:52 pm

invertin wrote:(Though, remember to edit instead of double posting. :P)
I know I should've, but I was feeling a bit lazy after writing a massive post, and I didn't really think it mattered that much. Also, it ruins the ending of that post a bit, but anyway;

Yes we do need an internet hug, a really really big one.

We all need to stop fighting, and stop being so aggressive.
Jendraz wrote:The story was not good (but it was very funny). All of you who are going beyond this and personally attacking him for his post are idiots. Please stop ruining our forum.
Thats the important bit; the story was really quite bad but thats no excuse to start a war against Devilsclub, we need to look at our own posting as well. Whenever you comment on somebody else's stuff (content, posting, artwork ect) you should always be thinking constructive criticism, look over your post and if what it boils down to is an insult then it needs an edit.

The whole insulting thing;

Some people here are desperate to give back and insult once one has been given unto them, and I just don't get it. What everybody tries to do when they post is be appreciated and if you think by insulting another user your going to get that then your wrong.

Insults might rack up points in other social environments, some of which basically revolve around them, but they sure don't work in here. Please stop it.

And about threatening, in the real world that is a crime, but honestly does anyone here think that devilsclub would actually put someone in hospital or hack there account? and I checked on the latter, cheat engine is for changing variables while running games, adding health and ect. Not hacking into a web server. If you are truly concerned for your welfare then by all means call the police, but otherwise don't go around screaming "OH MY GOD THATS AN INSULT, THATS AGAINST THE RULES YOU ARE GOING TO GET IN SO MUCH TROUBLE".
Its a part of speech, just get over it.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Wait, since when was Cheat Engine illegal? I want teh proof, please.

Also, "I reported you again" is starting to sound a little silly. :wink:

Hmm, I wonder how many of those reports that I can actually do anything about without breaking the forum policy of "Let things slide".

Sorry if I sound a little uptight. It's just me not-so-subtly reminding everyone that I'm a mod again.

I miss my fancy green name… :P

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

It's illegal if the game you're playing doesn't allow it under their terms of service.

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:Wait, since when was Cheat Engine illegal? I want teh proof, please.

Hmm, I wonder how many of those reports that I can actually do anything about without breaking the forum policy of "Let things slide".

Sorry if I sound a little uptight. It's just me not-so-subtly reminding everyone that I'm a mod again.

Yeah, I was being an ass about reporting him, I've calmed down now though, and I'm gonna stop reporting him when he spams.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:05 am

Sandurz wrote:It's illegal if the game you're playing doesn't allow it under their terms of service.
Does anyone even read those things anymore?

I'm always like "Right. Wall of text, don't do bad stuff, gotcha."

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 am

who does read them?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 am

I've read a few.

One of them had a section telling me not to use the software to engage in terrorism. I was amused.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 am

Sandurz wrote:Have you read any of his other posts? He spams like nobodies business. AND he's threatening us, physically and our accounts. Don't defend him.
And he's pre-ordered Overgrowth. He can, if he wants to, post a lot. You have no right to order him around. Wolfire team members can do that, and only them. It's up to Wolfire team to decide what action they will or will not take, in regards to his threats. They do not have to discuss these things with us.

If he stays around, and if he knows how to use a hex-editing program, he might become a very useful tester later on, once there's at least rudimentary combat and multiplayer. He could help catch and change things that allow cheating, and he could help make Overgrowth multiplayer more fair. Or, he might not.
In the meantime, the only thing he'd have to change would be to post in one of the random threads that exist here (like the big bang theory one), or in the Randomness forum. His posts aren't any weirder than what I've seen here already.

tokage

Post by tokage » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:26 am

Endoperez wrote:
Sandurz wrote:Have you read any of his other posts? He spams like nobodies business. AND he's threatening us, physically and our accounts. Don't defend him.
And he's pre-ordered Overgrowth. He can, if he wants to, post a lot.
Of course, he can post what he wants. And how much he wants. But if he can post what he wants, everybody can post the reaction he wants. Seems you just critized those reactions as inappropriate, which by your logic is not allowed.
Of course, what you say is also true. This whole thing escalated and how to react to all this is up to the Wolfire team. But the point is, although we have a laissez-faire policy in this forum, which basically is a good thing, there are also rules and in my oppinion Devilsclub violated more than one of them. If everybody would do that all the time this forum would just deterriorate. We have a community here and people have to think of the consequences of their actions for other members. IMO other members have the right to critizise. In this particular case, it went overboard and escalated, but you really have to see the history of this all.
Devilsclub had new posts in more than 10 Threads in different forums multiple times and the constructive value of his statements ranged against zero, this doesn't bring the community anywhere. Sure there are posts like that from other members, too, but it is the mass that gets annoying.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:34 am

these are all great arguments, but honestly let it die

Arguing is irrelevant and changes very little, please, if you want to make a new thread about this subject (ie wolfires moderation on forums) then do that and write there but while it is in this thread its all coming out as one big large fight.

Xerxes713

Re:

Post by Xerxes713 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Zhukov wrote:One of them had a section telling me not to use the software to engage in terrorism. I was amused.
Wait, that's covered in those?! Be right back, I need to go cover my trail!

Also, that was t3h 3p1c p05t there, shadow. You win an internet. And I also advise that we keep away from the fighting about moderation in this thread, instead we should try to improve Devilsclub's writing. I do like the marketing idea, regardless of how effective it's going to be.

CrazyWolfie

Post by CrazyWolfie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:Wait, since when was Cheat Engine illegal? I want teh proof, please.

While this is neither the time or place to, care to elaborate?

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Can this topic die already? I'll personally kill this topic if I have to. It was a bad story with a lot of spelling and grammar errors. It's been flamed enough. Let it die. Advice has been given to Devilsclub, now let everyone get one with other more important topics.
Last edited by shadow717 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 pm

I am going to do a dramatic reading of this.

Stay tuned.

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh god I'm looking forward to this.