Overgrowth Wiki

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jazzmutant

Re: Overgrowth Wiki

Post by Jazzmutant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Roger that. I'm not the most savvy when it comes to wiki code, but it's not too hard I know that. I'll see what I can do about freshinin' up some o' those pages/puttin together some useful templates.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:17 pm

ATM I'm trying to convince someone to install parser functions for the wiki. If you can ask the wiki admins that always helps.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 am

Conner36 wrote:ATM I'm trying to convince someone to install parser functions for the wiki. If you can ask the wiki admins that always helps.
Philcrumm is the admin there. Pester him, if anyone =)

He does frequent the wolfire IRC, under that name, fyi.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 am

Lol. been there done that... passing the reins to someone else :)

Who knows team tagging might work?

Jazzmutant

Post by Jazzmutant » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Someone say tag team? Well, alright, but I'm not getting sloppy seconds.

spencman35

Post by spencman35 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

what would you think about continuing rolls until you let go of shift (like if you were going down hill)

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:02 am

so... parserFunctions is installed. That should make it easier to do things like navboxes or tabbed pages.

Anyone have experience setting them up? I won't have time to devote to figuring them out until the middle of march.

Conner36

Re:

Post by Conner36 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 am

spencman35 wrote:what would you think about continuing rolls until you let go of shift (like if you were going down hill)
not the right place to ask. This thread is about the wolfire wiki. I'd post it in a suggestions topic

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:04 pm

so I started messing with the tabbed template view http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Porta ... nformation.

Please comment and suggest what to do. My thoughts are that I think they're ok, but pages with lots of content don't fit well cause I haven't figured out how to include the content box. But I was thinking that if a page has that much content then it should have it's own tabbed view to separate content (like levels and attack bonuses both fall under the walkthrough category).

The other alternative is to to have a wikipedia like content box at the bottom. I added the templates a while ago and haven't checked to see if they work (I haven't shown what it would look like, anyone want to implement it with the editing information pages in the Lugaru Portal? I would love to implement it now, but time is short and I've got laundry, tests, and other homework to do :D).

Aklarath

Post by Aklarath » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 am

Cant wait for this as it will mean people (like me) who are either new to this or have not played in some time i.e. since first lugaru will be a lot easier to know what to do when starting out on overgrowth.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 am

Aklarath wrote:Cant wait for this as it will mean people (like me) who are either new to this or have not played in some time i.e. since first lugaru will be a lot easier to know what to do when starting out on overgrowth.
The Wiki's already released.

http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Portal:Overgrowth

Teslasmile

Post by Teslasmile » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 am

It would be fantastic to translate the wiki to other languajes... Is it possible?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:32 am

Teslasmile wrote:It would be fantastic to translate the wiki to other languajes... Is it possible?
Yes, but it's

1) NOT the responsibility of the people writing the English version

2) too much work for one person, especially to keep it updated

3) it might not be easy to have it incorporated as well as in wikipedia or something

If you want to, you can start by translating one of the more useful pages into some other language, and talking with the regulars about how to link to it.

Teslasmile

Post by Teslasmile » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Teslasmile wrote:It would be fantastic to translate the wiki to other languajes... Is it possible?
Yes, but it's

1) NOT the responsibility of the people writing the English version

2) too much work for one person, especially to keep it updated

3) it might not be easy to have it incorporated as well as in wikipedia or something

If you want to, you can start by translating one of the more useful pages into some other language, and talking with the regulars about how to link to it.
Sorry, it was only an idea. A bad idea.

Ominouslydark

Post by Ominouslydark » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 am

Im new, but a good idea would be to have a mission/challenges link, which involves a mission/challenges list, with each one having a difficulty level, enemy amount, what to do and/or any other information like hints or tips.