Robbert runs like a girl

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Robbert runs like a girl

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm

I didn't forget Boy George, he was never androgynous, he was clearly just a very ugly and fat man in make-up. I don't forget. I am infallible.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Marilyn Madison? Michael Jackson?

Both aliens...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Okay, glad to know you're not offended by it. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still really confused. :|

tokage

Post by tokage » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 am

Blorx, there is no reason to be confused. I would say the picture shows a girl, and a cute one at that. But I could be mistaken regarding the fact that the first time I saw the Tokyo Hotel guy I thought he was a girl, too. He is much less cute than the girl on the picture though. But the picture doesn't really matter that much. There is no way you can confirm with certainty that Skomakar'n is the person on the picture.
Also, there is no reason to treat Skomakar'n differently based on gender. This is the internet and we are exchanging text messages on the topic of a video game. What matters far more than Skomakar'n's gender are the game design and programming skills mentioned in the introduction thread, the already proven ability to make a thread hilariously interesting and the preorder. And above all the ability to handle Ren.

So, Skomakar'n, welcome to the forums.

Back on topic, that there are subtle differences in human male and female gait is pretty much a given (i.e. backed up by scientific research). Me personally, I don't like the over-exaggerated animation style shown in the Roger Rabbit thing (I also never liked Roger Rabbit that much). Using this exaggeration in character design maybe gives you a cheap laugh the first time the audience sees it, but for me it gets bland pretty fast.
I would agree with Wilbefast, that there is something slightly off with the hip movement of Robbert, although it not necessarily gives him female traits.

On another note, someone needs to necromance these two threads.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:03 am

tokage wrote:And above all the ability to handle Ren.
Skomakar'n is certainly a crafty individual. My initial comment about pics or GTFO did not have the intended effect, but I'll find a way in somehow. I always do.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Internet romance is heart-warming, dude.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Do we care how Robbert(?) runs? As long as he doesn't trip, I'm still making smoothies.

KheroKlypse

Post by KheroKlypse » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Freshbite wrote:
Eruditemoose wrote:Gentlemen, I think that is it our duty...
Sorry, but this got me thinking of a great song by Dimmu Borgir.
Here's a link: Dimmu Borgir - "Unorthodox Manifesto"

But to stick to the topic, he does run somewhat girly.
this thread is awesome. and its good to see that other people have good taste in music like me =]
dam you place holder animation! im too noob to do anything just yet, so im here just watching how its developing for now

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 am

Simply liking Scandinavian metal does not qualify as having good taste in music. It seems to be the latest on the list of fads, oft-overlooked simply because the emo fad attracts more contempt.

This is not to say that I don't like some metal bands from Scandinavia. There are some like Finntroll which are quite cool. Dimmu Borgir are a bit boring.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Then what qualifies as having "good taste in music", Ren?

It is merely impossible to define a sense of taste without judging from a personal perspective, and I do think that that was exactly what he/she was doing, eventhough his/her post perhaps didn't make it all clear that it was just a matter of opinion, not fact.

Chubaka

Post by Chubaka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Freshbite wrote:Then what qualifies as having "good taste in music", Ren?
You answered it yourself. There is no such thing as "good taste". There is one person's taste and another's. Taste is a subjective variable, no two people will ever have the same taste, so to claim one person has "good taste" is laughable, especially when it is only based on your knowledge of them liking a certain type of music or a certain band.

Don't bother me with silly questions that you already know the answer of.

Or at least I hope you did.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Freshbite wrote:Then what qualifies as having "good taste in music", Ren?
You answered it yourself. There is no such thing as "good taste". There is one person's taste and another's. Taste is a subjective variable, no two people will ever have the same taste, so to claim one person has "good taste" is laughable, especially when it is only based on your knowledge of them liking a certain type of music or a certain band.
Unless you actually like Yoko Ono's music...then you have bad taste. No exceptions.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 pm

I would like a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I would like a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.
Ask the elephant! :lol: