Supported Video Cards

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
BlueSpark

Supported Video Cards

Post by BlueSpark » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Zotac Geforce GTX 650 AMP edition. works perfectly fine!

GumoVitya

Re: Supported Video Cards

Post by GumoVitya » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Listing the Radeon HD 6370M 1Gb on the wiki right now. Will update when tested. Should work but who knows?

Garwinski

Post by Garwinski » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:35 am

Did not see my card on the wiki but I can confirm that this game also works flawlessly with the AMD Radeon 7990!

Murd

Post by Murd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 pm

GTX 780ti
Desktop
Win7 pro 64bit
a204
It's working can't remember what the fps was at but it looked 60 or 60+, some levels fail to load though I'll add reports in edit later.
If I add like 50 or so enemies and hit the ragdoll key or a large group of them with the [f] raygun i take a hit down to 20-30fps (stress tested-ish)

I also have another card I played on prior to this pc build, ATI x1300 pro and it would have problems on viewing angles including a lot of objects

Bronxsta

Post by Bronxsta » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm

1. Intel HD Graphics 2000
2. Laptop
3. Windows 7
4. Alpha 205

Before the current update, I could run the game on High Settings while platforming or no enemies were around. But any kind of combat even with no blood was laggy, sometimes to the point of almost being unplayable

Now, the game runs smoother than ever before. Zero to little lag, when with dripping blood and a dozen enemies at once. It plays so much smoother and faster that it almost feels like a new game

RasperryPy

Post by RasperryPy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 am

Card: Intel HD Graphics 2000
PC Type: Laptop
Alphas Tested: 204 & 205
If it works: 204 works at a great framerate, around 40-60 frames. 205 works as well.

dadvader

Post by dadvader » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 am

Intel GMA 4500M Report

Slideshow XD.1 FPS Every Map...

640x480 lowest as possible (turn off everything and 1/8 texture quality). and fullscreen bug. still have a hope. yea i pre-order it. if full games still run like this.i will go ask dev for refund lol

toffee_neal

Post by toffee_neal » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm

win 8.1
intel 3670k 3.4 ghz
16gig 1666 mhz ram
msi twin frozer gtx 770

works fine

chadgray125

Post by chadgray125 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 pm

ATI Radeon X1600

Sykotikpro

Post by Sykotikpro » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:17 am

r9 280x Working. Maxes well with no drawbacks. Idk if the game relies on your GPU or CPU for physics, but there are drops when many ragdolls are present or when just starting up.

Zenzscott

Post by Zenzscott » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 am

nVIDEA 5200M AND 5400M work great :D

Coyote

Post by Coyote » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm

I have an interl family graphics card, and it should be able to run the game on max settings with a rather high frame rate, but I always get an alert before launching the game saying I would get better results with a Nividea or ATI card, but thing is, I have a laptop, that means an APU with intergrated graphics and I can't change them. Also, the frames are quite high and as soon as I move or do anything the frames drop to 2 or 3 on the counter, I have also tried turning all the setting down to minimum and get the same problem. I know they arn't the best graphics but they can run DayZ at 20 fps minimum, so I don't see why they can't run this like they should be able to.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Coyote wrote:I have an interl family graphics card, and it should be able to run the game on max settings with a rather high frame rate, but I always get an alert before launching the game saying I would get better results with a Nividea or ATI card, but thing is, I have a laptop, that means an APU with intergrated graphics and I can't change them. Also, the frames are quite high and as soon as I move or do anything the frames drop to 2 or 3 on the counter, I have also tried turning all the setting down to minimum and get the same problem. I know they arn't the best graphics but they can run DayZ at 20 fps minimum, so I don't see why they can't run this like they should be able to.
Intel's integrated gpus are not powerful enough for serious gaming. Sure, you can run games like DayZ on minimum settings, but Overgrowth is actually quite an intensive game. You definitely cannot run this game on max settings, especially not with antialiasing.(I've heard Intel's APUs don't do so well with AA)

Try minimum settings and see if you get any better results, though even then, this game is actually quite resource intensive, especially at the moment as it hasn't been optimised much(as it's still in alpha). I'm skeptical as to whether you can run the game.

(And you didn't mention the specific model of your laptop or the CPU/APU. The CPU matters too, so if your laptop is quite low-end, that might even be the issue rather than the gpu side of things, as some low-end laptops have horrible CPUs)

Coyote

Post by Coyote » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Jaz wrote:
Coyote wrote:I have an interl family graphics card, and it should be able to run the game on max settings with a rather high frame rate, but I always get an alert before launching the game saying I would get better results with a Nividea or ATI card, but thing is, I have a laptop, that means an APU with intergrated graphics and I can't change them. Also, the frames are quite high and as soon as I move or do anything the frames drop to 2 or 3 on the counter, I have also tried turning all the setting down to minimum and get the same problem. I know they arn't the best graphics but they can run DayZ at 20 fps minimum, so I don't see why they can't run this like they should be able to.
Intel's integrated gpus are not powerful enough for serious gaming. Sure, you can run games like DayZ on minimum settings, but Overgrowth is actually quite an intensive game. You definitely cannot run this game on max settings, especially not with antialiasing.(I've heard Intel's APUs don't do so well with AA)

Try minimum settings and see if you get any better results, though even then, this game is actually quite resource intensive, especially at the moment as it hasn't been optimised much(as it's still in alpha). I'm skeptical as to whether you can run the game.

(And you didn't mention the specific model of your laptop or the CPU/APU. The CPU matters too, so if your laptop is quite low-end, that might even be the issue rather than the gpu side of things, as some low-end laptops have horrible CPUs)
My CPU is an I5 running at 2.50 GHz, however one of my friends purchased this game and can run it smoothly on an I3 that runs at 2.30 GHz and the exact same graphics card. Only difference is that he has a Nvidia graphics card as well, I do not think I do. Even so, I have turned down the settings on the game and recieve about 19 fps maximum, but when there is to much going on, it goes straight down to 9. Hopefully I will be getting a better PC in May, thanks for the help and if anyone could help by giving advice on how to get better fps on my current machine, it is appreciated!

wacool

Post by wacool » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Radeon HD 7850 2Gb OC