Good-Bye Titans

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
key2van

Good-Bye Titans

Post by key2van » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 pm

I am currently working on a level called "Good Bye Titans". If many of you have played the Poke floats level in Super Smash bros. Melee, you'll sort of get the feel of what my level will be like.
I haven't play God of War 3, but I know that Kratos runs around on the back of a giant earth titan (who's name i don't know) and kicks his ass from there. In my level, I'm going to make a series of gigantic people resembling the titans, and how they suffer. As you can see in the picture below, the earth titan (rough version) is in the red desert, and a desert = not much water, which = suffering :roll:
I'm open to feedback and suggestions of what other titans and poses i should do. Also a titan can't be suffering if he's in a sex position, so none of those either :lol:
Oh yeah, and many civilizations have colonized on their bodies, so there may be houses and camps on some of them. It's time these titans got to use :)
Attachments
the earth titan's whole body...
the earth titan's whole body...
the size comparison of the earth titan to robbert. It's really hard to see robbert, but he's in his hand XD
the size comparison of the earth titan to robbert. It's really hard to see robbert, but he's in his hand XD

Kicktar

Re: Good-Bye Titans

Post by Kicktar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 pm

That looks awesome, I'm interested as to how you'll do the other titans.

CosminN

Post by CosminN » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 am

The titan is very nice but the environment is kinda boring. You could have built this on grass :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 am

CosminN wrote:The titan is very nice but the environment is kinda boring. You could have built this on grass :)
Ctrl+Shift+S (IIRC, it's been a while) saves the whole selection as an .xml file that can then be imported into a different level.

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:10 am

CosminN wrote:The titan is very nice but the environment is kinda boring. You could have built this on grass :)
Those levels temporarily crash for me...

Kicktar

Post by Kicktar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:25 am

Wasn't the point of the desert to have the titan die of thirst?

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:38 am

yes, yes it was :roll:
But the other titans suffer differently, I have 2 done, and have planned 2 more...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm

That titan looks awesome! Totally reminds me of GOW III... you just need to make him slowly moving, and it will be perfect ;)... well, that and you need some epic music...
http://antonriehl.com/overgrowth/public ... s%20v1.mp3

(I wrote that for a War of the Worlds game that I think has gone the way of the dodo... so if you make a campaign out of these titans, it could probably find it's way into your project... and maybe some other pieces that I'd write... if you're interested...)

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

ariehl wrote:That titan looks awesome! Totally reminds me of GOW III... you just need to make him slowly moving, and it will be perfect ;)... well, that and you need some epic music...
http://antonriehl.com/overgrowth/public ... s%20v1.mp3

(I wrote that for a War of the Worlds game that I think has gone the way of the dodo... so if you make a campaign out of these titans, it could probably find it's way into your project... and maybe some other pieces that I'd write... if you're interested...)
Gaia from God of War 3 did indeed inspire me to do this, and thanks for your feedback :D
Regarding music, the piece you provided definitely suits titans, but if they were on the move. For this level, i thought that you're piece was great, but a darker theme seems to adjust better, only because the titans are in their eternal punishment poses. But nevertheless, that was a very nice piece of music :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I agree that particular piece of music isn't perfectly suited for the titan you have... but it seemed close to start with. When your levels start being closer to finished... and when there's a way to add music to levels in OG, I'll gladly write something more appropriate. But glad you liked that one!

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm

I look forward to it :)

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Ok, so this will be the final update on my level until I finish it. Once again, the level is a rough, and there is indeed a lot more work to do, especially on the hands.
The first titan would be Gaia, the second (i don't know who) was a titan that was condemned to sink, and the was a carnivorous titan, i think chronos. I'm too lazy to research names now, and a better description will be added later. I will be putting in one more titan, possibly atlas, and he is force to hold a huge boulder. I am open to suggestions for other titans.
Attachments
Near the neck of the sinking titans body. Also, I have no idea how reddy got there...
Near the neck of the sinking titans body. Also, I have no idea how reddy got there...
Robbert on the hand of the middle titan that is sinking in sand.
Robbert on the hand of the middle titan that is sinking in sand.
I think this titan is chronos. He is constricted and forbidden to eat anyone else. The walkway in front of his mouth was for mortals, so they can taunt him.
I think this titan is chronos. He is constricted and forbidden to eat anyone else. The walkway in front of his mouth was for mortals, so they can taunt him.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Really cool, man!

Best1996

Post by Best1996 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:52 am

if you put those for download, that would be so frickin' awesome!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Those are pretty damn epic! Well done!
I could perhaps try making some face-like rock models if you want to (though I'm not very good at modeling. :P). Or something else you might need modeled, just ask and I'll see what I can do. :]