RACES

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Kiory

Re: RACES

Post by Kiory » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Rats are quite intelligent and witty, so it would be cool if they were depicted as maybe thieves or rogues of some sort, apparently they make great house hold pets. I've never had one, I'm still stuck with the idea that they are dirty filthy creatures that spread disease, but I don't think it would be wise to show them as such in the game, as they are so much more I know.

I know next to nothing about Rabbits, so it's up to the team to do their research! :D

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 am

They could release the other races as DLC, but i think that would suck. Maybe if they made it expandable, like make a story for rabbits, cats, and dogs, then release extra ones for wolves and rats, and extra races like bears or badgers or something.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 am

They could release the other races as DLC, but i think that would suck. Maybe if they made it expandable, like make a story for rabbits, cats, and dogs, then release extra ones for wolves and rats, and extra races like bears or badgers or something.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:10 am

Slyvvr wrote:
zzwerty wrote:
Slyvvr wrote:It is not the exact same order, it is the only order possible!
Just swap the cats and dogs and dogs and that would be great.
LOLlololol, dogs are the beast! (no pun intended) No cat can ever win from a dog. The movie cats vs dogs made that clear!
Cats vs Dogs sucked lol. They probably can't, but we are talking about a game in which anthropomorphic animals start talking and declaring war on each other.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:14 am

capn.lee wrote:
Wilbefast wrote:Cats are too clever: brain will always win against brawn :twisted:
cats aren't smarter than dogs, that's just cartoons, dude. The best argument I heard for where this myth comes from is that because cats don't understand cause and effect, it can be mistaken for independence.
What about when my cat was going into a room she wasnt allowed in, then right after i went in she bolted out and looked at me innocently. I'd call that understanding cause and effect, just they don't stop doing things for treats. they do what they wany, just don't get caught. My cat sometimes hides in the computer room until we're not looking then sneaks in.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:18 am

Kiory wrote: A lot of people like to keep their cats in doors, in which case they have no means to hunt, and are dependent on their owners to feed and exercise them, among other things.

Cat's are reckless, often not thinking before doing. As the saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat", and I've not heard anything truer than that! There's also that pride and territory thing they have going on, I.E, they will fight until near death for another cat in heat, or to take territory. I for one would love to see this in the game, cats having a civil war, cmon! You know it makes sense!
Cats, however, have 9 lives too.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 am

capn.lee wrote:to add a little more fuel to the fire,

http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/11 ... -Than-Cats
But the scientists are wrong, because I said so:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6820&p=116119&hili ... .+#p116119

Get with the program :P

Kiory

Post by Kiory » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:26 am

No, I have 9 lives, not cats! :P

Anyway I have a sneeky feeling that this is going off topic somehow. :/

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:41 am

zzwerty wrote:
capn.lee wrote:
Wilbefast wrote:Cats are too clever: brain will always win against brawn :twisted:
cats aren't smarter than dogs, that's just cartoons, dude. The best argument I heard for where this myth comes from is that because cats don't understand cause and effect, it can be mistaken for independence.
What about when my cat was going into a room she wasnt allowed in, then right after i went in she bolted out and looked at me innocently. I'd call that understanding cause and effect, just they don't stop doing things for treats. they do what they wany, just don't get caught. My cat sometimes hides in the computer room until we're not looking then sneaks in.
Cats are like females:
Even if they do stuff they aren't allowed to do, that still doesn't make them intelligent. However it does make them curious enough.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Slyvvr wrote:Cats are like females:
Even if they do stuff they aren't allowed to do, that still doesn't make them intelligent. However it does make them curious enough.
:| Watch the sexism Slyvvr. This is your first unofficial warning.

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Dogs have the ability to distinguish themselves while looking in the mirror, while cat's can't.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 pm

key2van wrote:Dogs have the ability to distinguish themselves while looking in the mirror, while cat's can't.
I'm pretty sure dogs can't either. They only mammals that are self aware (as far as I know) are dolphins, elephants and apes.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Wilbefast wrote:
Slyvvr wrote:Cats are like females:
:| Watch the sexism Slyvvr. This is your first unofficial warning.
No sexism intended. But does a girl with an IQ of 80 who goes into a closet she was forbidden to go in, instantly strike you as intelligent for just that feat? I didn't think so.

Kiory

Post by Kiory » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:32 pm

It was clearly your intention otherwise you would not of said it in the first place, or rather if you had any sense you would not of said it.

Anyway, I think we all know that animals, ALL animals are nothing compared to humans, at least in the intelligence department, so your using the wrong analogy here.

If someone says that dolphins are intelligent as well as dogs, I feel like slapping them in the face, I mean come on, I can do whatever a dog does, the only thing a dolphin is better than me at is swimming, but I can build a device that goes faster than a dolphin.

The point is that your all making out these animals to be better that each other, where as it really doesn't matter, because I rock so much harder than any of them, I can do so much more than any of them.

And so can the woman with an IQ of 80, so neeeeeeeer!

Oh an about that mirror thing, well that's just absolute piss wash, my cat has no issues looking in the mirror and seeing himself, not some other random cat.

Wilbefast

Post by Wilbefast » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm

A punto.
ariehl wrote:
key2van wrote:Dogs have the ability to distinguish themselves while looking in the mirror, while cat's can't.
I'm pretty sure dogs can't either. They only mammals that are self aware (as far as I know) are dolphins, elephants and apes.
You're right: neither cats nor dogs can recognize themselves in the mirror, not even border collies, which are apparently the smartest species around. Scientists said so, so it must be true (because I agree).
Then again if intelligence is measured by what you can teach an animal to do, then cats aren't going to win any prizes on account of being above that kind of sick experiment. Collies, are, naturally, sheep-dogs: they're pretty much bred to learn tricks.

By the way, this may be interesting food for thought