RACES

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Slyvvr

RACES

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Ok so as i understand there are 5 races?
-rats
-cats
-dogs
-wolves
-rabbits

right?

So how are they gonna end up in the game? Are you gonna have the story twist and turn till you end up as turner, fighting them all? That would be sad... I was hoping for a : "you-can-pick-any-race-you-want-except-for-tha-wolfies" sort of option. Because it would be sweet to play the game in a fully armored dog with a hammer.. Amirite? xD

What do you think?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: RACES

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 pm

The dev team has said they will start by focusing on game play as rabbits. The others may or may not follow. But modding will allow you to play any of the races...

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

I meant, what would you guys like best? just stick to ol' turner, or go and have different settings of stories, switching between the races?

CosminN

Post by CosminN » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 pm

The story is based around rabbits since Lugaru. Adding more races makes things more interesting for Turner, but I don't think it would be cool to change the story. It would be nice though, to choose any of the races in the multiplayer mode.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:17 pm

CosminN wrote:The story is based around rabbits since Lugaru. Adding more races makes things more interesting for Turner, but I don't think it would be cool to change the story. It would be nice though, to choose any of the races in the multiplayer mode.
^ this. It would be great to choose a race in multiplayer

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I would definitely use a dog or cat in place of Turner anyday, but he is the main character. I thought there would be multiple stories, but the rabbit story would be much more in depth :|
It would get boring quickly to use only rabbits in multi-player though

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Dogs>Cats>Rabbits>Rats>Wolves :D Dogs for their armor, cats for their fancyness rabbits for their awesome movement, rats... well i dunno, and wolves are just mean!

key2van

Post by key2van » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 pm

That's the exact same order i would put them in 8)

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

It is not the exact same order, it is the only order possible!

justuspickle

Post by justuspickle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 pm

i would prefer separate stories, or perhaps one story where you choose whichever race (though that would make less sense).

i am really hoping there isn't just one story with only the rabbits as playable characters, though i understand that creating more stories and fleshing out the races so much might be a tad much for an indie company to do.

hopeful though!!

also, i am 90% sure you will be able to choose your character in multiplayer.

now if you'll excuse me, i have to go back into the shadows.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 pm

I mostly just want one story following turner, mods and such can follow later.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:02 am

Count Roland wrote:I mostly just want one story following turner, mods and such can follow later.
Exactly.

Justuspickle and to everybody else wondering about seperate stories: this should easily be possible in mods, therefore I think the dev team should stick with Turner, our beloved ninjarabbit

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 am

YOU ARE COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT: I do not care about if it is gonna be implemented, yes or no... I want your own opinion. for god's sake read before you post.

MY QUESTION IS: What RACE do you like best, How should the story be for you, and how is this gonna affect turner in your OWN opinion!? OWN!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 am

Slyvvr wrote:YOU ARE COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT: I do not care about if it is gonna be implemented, yes or no... I want your own opinion. for god's sake read before you post.

MY QUESTION IS: What RACE do you like best, How should the story be for you, and how is this gonna affect turner in your OWN opinion!? OWN!
We are simply discussing another aspect of the races. Chill for god sake.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 am

THat is totally not what you were doing... You were saying that i should stop this thread, as we should just stick to turner, but that was totally not my point!