Project Showoff

Rovert

Re: Project Showoff

Post by Rovert » Wed May 04, 2011 6:04 pm

last wrote:So some 1 sugsested in wolfire IRC that i make my blood mod less bloody. so i made it so that blood will only "fly" when you hit some 1 and game goes into Timed Slow Motion.
included originale files for uninstalling my mod (in different folder)

Edit: eny 1 who has a problem with a weird white particle just open aschar.as and delete line nr.898 or if you cant see line numbers just use find and delete line
MakeParticle("Data/Particles/bloodgush.xml",bleed_pos,(head_transform*mist_vel*-1+this_mo.velocity*2.1f));

also replace bloodgush file with original file wich u can find from my mod zip file under Original a129 files/Data/Particles
Blood mod(a129).zip
I wanted to uninstall your mod, so I unpackaged the "original files" into my /data folder, but the mod is still in the game to some degree. Now, the blood effects are just smaller in size...

mycathasrabies

Post by mycathasrabies » Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Short level I made.... be warned...it's very ugly. Since checkpoints and such don't work I just used the moss decal for the start and finish. (you can see the finish from the start...)

Replace the red hills xml in project60 and bam...it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?97842kkc82p8i8u

Oh and tell me if you can beat it in the 1st try. I tested it myself and I'd say it's somewhat hard to get it perfect the first time, but maybe it's just me.

Try sneaking up on the wolf :D

last

Post by last » Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 am

Sry it's my mistake i have it fixed in notime. i put wrong aschar.as into wrong folder. here is the right one.

tnx for writing that so that i can fix my mod file.
aschar.rar
this is the original a129 file
(19.8 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

last

Post by last » Thu May 05, 2011 4:13 am

mycathasrabies wrote:Short level I made.... be warned...it's very ugly. Since checkpoints and such don't work I just used the moss decal for the start and finish. (you can see the finish from the start...)

Oh and tell me if you can beat it in the 1st try. I tested it myself and I'd say it's somewhat hard to get it perfect the first time, but maybe it's just me.

Nice little map but first time i played it the rabbit was gone so you may want to think adding some barriers so that he cant escape it should'nt be a problem because the block where the rabbit is should be still climbable.

last

Post by last » Thu May 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok this is my final version of my blood mod for a 129
probably fine tweaking it so there will be atleast 2 versions of my mod
1 with lots of blood like every hit is makeing blood particles and 1 with blood only when some 1 get critical hit.
also continuing updating this mod for future OG alfa versions.

also hoping that in future there will be less problems with my mod sofar its like one bug after another.
Blood mod a129 with fixes and everithing.rar
(42.62 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by last on Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm

last wrote:
mycathasrabies wrote:Short level I made.... be warned...it's very ugly. Since checkpoints and such don't work I just used the moss decal for the start and finish. (you can see the finish from the start...)

Nice little map but first time i played it the rabbit was gone so you may want to think adding some barriers so that he cant escape it should'nt be a problem because the block where the rabbit is should be still climbable.
I've found that sometimes rabbits disappear without reason... now as "standard practice" I always reset the level (push "l") before I start a level, and the characters are always there.

Pete Hawk

Post by Pete Hawk » Thu May 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Here's a simple challenge to try out.
1 vs 4

I would post the map if I knew how...
I've been mailed how to find my custom maps, but for some reason I don't have an inbox.
So I'll ask again. Where do I find the map (.xml?) file so that it can be uploaded.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 am

I made a new map today... mostly just to try some stuff out... sadly I couldn't keep as many NPCs in the level as I initially wanted. There's a little bit of fighting, a little bit of climbing, and 3 easter eggs to find...

The level is available here, and called Emerald Mines. You need to put it in the levels folder, and when you start the game, enter "emeraldmines.xml" into the box on the first screen (and press return) to launch it. Make sure you have this skybox installed in Data/Textures/skies so you don't get any whalefails...

I have recorded the whole process of making the level, but I wasn't happy with the timelapse result. It was too fast, and didn't really mean much... so you'll have to settle for pictures instead.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT #2... I uploaded a video run through of the level... No easter eggs in this one though...

EDIT: By the way... I've "finished" my first map, as it now has NPCs, and more detail. (And 6 easter eggs to find!) - Be sure you find the "main" path up, as well as the disappearing platforming section...

Grab the level here (It's just titled "anton.xml"), and if you are missing the skybox, install this one.

I have found that sometimes certain NPCs will be missing from the level... I suggesting always "restarting" the level by pushing "l" to make sure they appear.

Revro

Post by Revro » Fri May 06, 2011 9:17 am

Great map ariehl! It was hard though :P Had a hard time wallrunning up to the top of the structure, and the wolf was a beast... Found 2 easter eggs :D
Keep it up!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri May 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Revro wrote:Great map ariehl! It was hard though :P Had a hard time wallrunning up to the top of the structure, and the wolf was a beast... Found 2 easter eggs :D
Keep it up!
Cool. :) The climbing part can be a bit tricky... I find flipping is the most convenient way to do it...

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Fri May 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I like the detail and architecture used in the map. It looks really old and overgrown by nature and I like that kind of stuff. Good work.

Pete Hawk

Post by Pete Hawk » Fri May 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry, but I get an error saying
"Problem loading file: Data/Models/Environments/medium_props/eggs.obj. Retry?"
So I'm guessing I don't have the easter egg model :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Pete Hawk wrote:Sorry, but I get an error saying
"Problem loading file: Data/Models/Environments/medium_props/eggs.obj. Retry?"
So I'm guessing I don't have the easter egg model :(
Sorry to hear that... The eggs are available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3289323/egg.zip

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri May 06, 2011 4:52 pm

The Moon is Down, the mod that WolfBrother9393, Silverfish and Autious have been working on since the end of March is finally released!

Go here to get it!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11696

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 pm

I got bored and decided to try my hand at a parkour map. Here are the results:
-It's small in overall size, but utilizes numerous heights
-Very vertical
-Contains one enemy (for the hell of it)
-Two easter eggs
-Big, scenic, unimportant mountains
-Unstable and unsafe scaffolding
-Moss. (Used as helpful indication of where to go next. Thanks mycathasrabies for the idea!)
OvergrowthScreenshot00057.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00060.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00058.jpg
4_red_hills.xml
Be sure to rename your original 4_red_hills.xml file if you don't want to lose it!
(47.2 KiB) Downloaded 81 times