Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RobProductions

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by RobProductions » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 am

xXPaToSoNXx wrote:When double tapping Tab (Slow-motion) it will crash the game :|. Also randomly the game will remove all characters ingame but you can still go to the editor or the main menu
Are you sure it crashed? Because double tapping Slow Motion is a new "freeze game" feature, which can be turned off by double tapping again. If the application didn't close then it's probably not a crash

ITypedThis

Post by ITypedThis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

EPR89 wrote:How are you trying to change them?
If you use the SUMLauncher or edit the controls directly in the scripts it should work.
I just tried with the settings menu. Once the game instructs me to enter a new key it becomes unresponsive to pressing any key on my keyboard.

I don't mind it enough to go through all of the trouble with the SUMLauncher though.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:27 am

The in-game settings menu do not work right now, they are a placeholder.

ITypedThis

Post by ITypedThis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Timbles wrote:The in-game settings menu do not work right now, they are a placeholder.
Oh. Thank you for the answer. :)

Squeegy

Post by Squeegy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Uh.

Someone kicked me and this happened. I'm just sort of frozen in place here while everyone else moves. It fixed itself when they hit me again.

Vangrew

Post by Vangrew » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 pm

The last release a201 doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit. The installer installs no files into the specified binaries folder, and in the data folder there's only one executable file OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64 which apparently does nothing when started.

Additionally, if I choose the deb option upon installation, the menu entry for Overgrowth isn't created. If I choose to not register the game in the package management, then a menu entry is created that points to a nonexistant overgrowth.bin.x86_64 in the specified data folder. Renaming OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64 into overgrowth.bin.x86_64 doesn't help.

I tried many different folders from the default path /usr/local/games to /home/myusername/games to just overgrowth.

Any ideas?

RobProductions

Post by RobProductions » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm

I've been having the same problem for the past 3 alphas -_- The game lags to unplayable during all combat and enemy textures are missing. Console shows no errors, and it doesn't crash, it just freezes up really bad. I already sent a bug report a while back and recieved no confirmation that it was fixed (which I don't blame them for they're probably hard at work)
I'm running a Mac Pro OSX Snow Leopard, 3GB Ram, Quad Core
I know Wolfire's probably busy with features but this is a bug that makes the game unplayable and it's been that way for the past 3 alphas... I don't mind waiting until they can fix all these bugs they probably receive but I'd like to at least know it's being worked on... or is going to be worked on.

RehcoZ

Post by RehcoZ » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 pm

I cannot climb ledges. I have tried various maps and none of them allow me to grab a ledge and climb up. Is there a fix to this? Maybe something i did wrong? (version a201)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 pm

RehcoZ wrote:I cannot climb ledges. I have tried various maps and none of them allow me to grab a ledge and climb up. Is there a fix to this? Maybe something i did wrong? (version a201)
How are you trying to climb?

Vangrew

Post by Vangrew » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:16 am

Vangrew wrote:The last release a201 doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit. The installer installs no files into the specified binaries folder, and in the data folder there's only one executable file OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64 which apparently does nothing when started.
Ah, there's a thread about it: viewforum.php?f=13

ChickenCopter

Post by ChickenCopter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:59 am

So ever since they implemented the proper arena map, i've had really bad slowdowns. Previous alphas ran smoothly, but all alphas past that update have been seriously slow. As in less than 1 FPS. This happens in all levels, whether in a default or custom level. I am running a 10.8.2 Mac with 2.4 GHz duo. It was working fine so it shouldn't be that my specs are too low, although it may be the operating system. Is anyone else having/had this problem? Is there any fix? I'm fairly sure downloading a new copy of overgrowth doesn't fix it as i remember doing that and having the same problem.

RobProductions

Post by RobProductions » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 pm

ChickenCopter wrote:So ever since they implemented the proper arena map, i've had really bad slowdowns. Previous alphas ran smoothly, but all alphas past that update have been seriously slow. As in less than 1 FPS. This happens in all levels, whether in a default or custom level. I am running a 10.8.2 Mac with 2.4 GHz duo. It was working fine so it shouldn't be that my specs are too low, although it may be the operating system. Is anyone else having/had this problem? Is there any fix? I'm fairly sure downloading a new copy of overgrowth doesn't fix it as i remember doing that and having the same problem.
I have the same problem. Except I've narrowed it down any time there is combat. I think this probably an operating system specific problem, or some sort of special graphics card problem, being as before then the Alphas ran fine. And they still run fine (just not during combat) Redownloading doesn't fix it... and the console shows no errors.

I really hope they get around to fixing this... I really want to try out the new combat -_-

jojacob

Post by jojacob » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 pm

After a200 my character models seem to be "stretching :?: " long lines will track off into the distance and often cut of legs and just leave points of contact. :cry: To make it worse it often makes enemies invisible, showing just their shadows.

Nathaniellv

Post by Nathaniellv » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 pm

My textures for water trees grass and the audience are shown in little boxes it looks odd.it also cant load the textures sometimes What can i do?(version 201)

last

Post by last » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:47 am

Nathaniellv wrote:My textures for water trees grass and the audience are shown in little boxes it looks odd.it also cant load the textures sometimes What can i do?(version 201)
Try to update your video card drivers, this may help.