Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Majikmon

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by Majikmon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:20 pm

###Playing latest release (from October 30)

###Graphical anomaly, unsure if it's a bug or the wiki was outdated and I typed the wrong thing.

~When adding a level script parameter "GPU Particle Field", small stationary white dot particles appear, no matter what designation I give for what type of particle It should be (#rain, #bugs, etc.).

~Adding the parameter "Custom Shader" with any designation does nothing at all.

Is the wiki outdated and these parameters have changed/no longer apply, or Is this supposed to work and it is in fact a bug?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Majikmon wrote:###Playing latest release (from October 30)

###Graphical anomaly, unsure if it's a bug or the wiki was outdated and I typed the wrong thing.

~When adding a level script parameter "GPU Particle Field", small stationary white dot particles appear, no matter what designation I give for what type of particle It should be (#rain, #bugs, etc.).

~Adding the parameter "Custom Shader" with any designation does nothing at all.

Is the wiki outdated and these parameters have changed/no longer apply, or Is this supposed to work and it is in fact a bug?
They're case sensitive, and must always be in all upper case. I will add that detail to the wiki page.

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:35 am

### version 1.1.4

### game fails to start when launched from Steam

~When I click the 'play' button, Steam gives me the usual "preparing to launch" pop-up and a short pause.

~Instead of closing the pop-up and opening the game after the pause, the game window and its task bar icon never appear, and Steam quits on it's own.

~I restart Steam to find everything working normally, except for this same instance with OverGrowth.

## I can launch the game just fine by running the application directly from its folder in the Steam file directory, but launching from Steam itself causes this error to happen.

## I have verified the integrity of the game files with Steam. I am subscribed to a few mods on Steam. Mods do not show up in the mod menu if OG is launched from the folder.

Any idea what could be happening, or what things to try?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Majikmon wrote:### version 1.1.4

### game fails to start when launched from Steam

~When I click the 'play' button, Steam gives me the usual "preparing to launch" pop-up and a short pause.

~Instead of closing the pop-up and opening the game after the pause, the game window and its task bar icon never appear, and Steam quits on it's own.

~I restart Steam to find everything working normally, except for this same instance with OverGrowth.

## I can launch the game just fine by running the application directly from its folder in the Steam file directory, but launching from Steam itself causes this error to happen.

## I have verified the integrity of the game files with Steam. I am subscribed to a few mods on Steam. Mods do not show up in the mod menu if OG is launched from the folder.

Any idea what could be happening, or what things to try?
I suspect steam is failing to sync mod content and is not letting the game start because it's waiting for the "update" (mod download) to happen. You could try rebooting and that might help. Also make sure your steam downloads aren't paused.

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

merlyn wrote: I suspect steam is failing to sync mod content and is not letting the game start because it's waiting for the "update" (mod download) to happen. You could try rebooting and that might help. Also make sure your steam downloads aren't paused.
I've resolved all pending downloads, double checked if I had automatic updates for OG, restarted Steam, and rebooted my computer. I unsubscribed and resubscribed to the mods I had, then attempted to start the game in Steam. The same problem occurs.

Any other ideas for how I might track down the root of the problem?

*EDIT: ### Problem persists
~Fresh install of game
~No mods subscribed to or active
~Computer and Steam restarted multiple times
--No change.

OG can only be started from folder. No other in-game errors (except for some missing/corrupted decals) or issues with other games in Steam library.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 am

Make sure that if you right click the game in Steam, click Properties and then "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...", that there is nothing there. I know that if something is wrong there it causes this exact issue, so worth a look at least.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:42 pm

I've had this bug for a while now were a lot of maps when loading get to the navmesh generation and throw an error that it hads a problem loading the navmesh.zip file.

as an update this error only happens to custom maps and some of the sandbox maps. main story,laguru story,therium2,and test levels all load fine
levelLoadingError.jpeg