Refunds?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheBlackRabbit

Refunds?

Post by TheBlackRabbit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I hate to do this to the Dev team, :cry: but I recently had to switch to another PC (about the equivalent to the one I used to play the alpha) and I'm running into numerous problems launching, from "Not a valid Win32 Application", to random crashes. Plus, I can only load 2 of the maps, they only load when they please, and the game runs ridiculously slow when I load an AI. I have FULL intentions on purchasing the game once I see that it has a decent Tech Support for the release, and after I upgrade my PC, but for the time being, I would really appreciate a refund. I absolutely adore Wolfire and can't wait for Overgrowth, but what is the process on obtaining a refund? I read when pre-ordering that they had a Refund policy, and now I cant seem to find it.

Dylanhutch

Re: Refunds?

Post by Dylanhutch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm sure they will refund you. But why? You will get the full game on release anyway, why not just keep it and wait?

TheArdentWriter

Post by TheArdentWriter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I am pretty sure you won't get a refund just because you changed PCs and the game doesn't work. It just doesn't work that way.

TheBlackRabbit

Post by TheBlackRabbit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Dylanhutch wrote:I'm sure they will refund you. But why? You will get the full game on release anyway, why not just keep it and wait?
Because I want to be sure that the final release of the game will run on this other PC, and that there will be a good Tech team. If the game is released, and I pre-ordered, there will be no refunds and I will be out of luck AND 30 dollars.

TheBlackRabbit

Post by TheBlackRabbit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Okay, basically I would just like a valid answer on whether or not they offer refunds on pre-orders. If not, than so be it, but there are so many bugs it's unplayable at the moment. I am 99% sure that I read a refund statement during pre-order, did I read this correctly or am I mistaken?
Also, it seems to me that the main reason someone would pre-order would be for the weekly Alphas, so if I'm not able to play them, than I would like my money back for the time being, if possible.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 pm

If you would like a refund all you have to do is email [email protected] with an explanation of the situation.

PS: Even after the game is released refunds will be possible (I only state this because you assumed the opposite)

TheArdentWriter

Post by TheArdentWriter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 pm

There seriously is no point in a refund when you are going to just repurchase the game again. If people got a refund every time a game doesn't work on that computer then a lot of money would be lost to the developers.

fenwick

Post by fenwick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:45 pm

TheArdentWriter wrote:There seriously is no point in a refund when you are going to just repurchase the game again. If people got a refund every time a game doesn't work on that computer then a lot of money would be lost to the developers.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:46 pm

the fact that you can have the game on more than one of your personal computers also makes me think it's kind of pointless.

toshak_fox

Post by toshak_fox » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 am

Its pointless. Just sit tight man and you'll get the game sooner or later. And, if you still be eager for a refund, you'll get it even after release, as mentioned above.