[Map] Forsaken Outpost

Divadrr

[Map] Forsaken Outpost

Post by Divadrr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

This is my first level. I learned a lot about the editor's limitations. Please give me some feedback on this.
Attachments
forsakenpost.png
forsakenpost.png (60.38 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
forsakenoutpost.xml
(902.79 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by Divadrr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elegaro

Re: (level) Forsaken Outpost

Post by elegaro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 am

when I open it said

"Mismatched number of vertices in: Data/Models/Environments/cat_props/banner.obj_UV2"

can't open it.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 am

Wow, what a fantastic level! Every city/settlement looks incredibly realistic, and that's awesome how you made use of such a large area with obvious direction of where to go without spoiling anything beforehand.

The text for the characters is too long to be displayed properly, but I have a feeling that's something that might be changed in the future- maybe scrolling text.

The level lags just a bit on my computer, but it was definetly playable anyways.

Nice work!

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 am

Very nice first level you made, it is a bit laggy but I can still play a bit. I love realistic looking levels like this one, I also like how things are a bit spread out, not just all in one part of the whole map. :D

last

Post by last » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 pm

elegaro wrote:when I open it said

"Mismatched number of vertices in: Data/Models/Environments/cat_props/banner.obj_UV2"

can't open it.
The easiest fix for this problem is you go and find this file in Data/Models/Environments/cat_props/ folder and first make a backup from this file and then you delete the original so the game will generate a new one into temp folder.
The backup file is there to make sure that deleting the original file removes the problem for you. When it didn't you should rename the backup file back into the original, but when deleting the original file helped you can delete the backup file also.

Divadrr

Post by Divadrr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe someone noticed that the shop owner asks you to deliver a sack to this brother. I couldn't find the sack with animation, so I didn't place it. Maybe I just overlooked it in the O2, or maybe there's another way to load the interactive sack. I'll fix this and reload the level if someone can help.

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 am

last wrote:
elegaro wrote:when I open it said

can't open it.
The easiest fix for this problem is you go and find this file in Data/Models/Environments/cat_props/ folder and first make a backup from this file and then you delete the original so the game will generate a new one into temp folder.
The backup file is there to make sure that deleting the original file removes the problem for you. When it didn't you should rename the backup file back into the original, but when deleting the original file helped you can delete the backup file also.
cheers!!!
Now I can open it...

by the way....awesome level....so much detail.

Causeless

Post by Causeless » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 am

Divadrr wrote:This is my first level. I learned a lot about the editor's limitations. Please give me some feedback on this.
Could you elaborate on the limitations? I might make a level some time, and knowing these could fix a lot of issues before they really exist.

Divadrr

Post by Divadrr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Causeless wrote:
Divadrr wrote:This is my first level. I learned a lot about the editor's limitations. Please give me some feedback on this.
Could you elaborate on the limitations? I might make a level some time, and knowing these could fix a lot of issues before they really exist.
I suggest you make your levels simple until the game is updated significantly. Loading objects is not a problem, you can place as many objects as you want with hardly any slow down. When you start to add AI and hotspots the editor begins to act unpredictably. However, if you don't place too many AI in one spot, but rather spread them out in a level, it can prevent slow down. Avoid using ctrl-z as much as possible, it's better to just delete an object and reload it. I found that saved grouped items can cause problems when you press ctrl-z, they usually disappear and cause the editor to crash. If you use the display text be aware that some punctuation can't be used, for example question marks. Also, save the level frequently. I hope this helps.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Map] Forsaken Outpost

Post by Anton » Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Finally had a chance to add this map to the Community Content Browser. :)

edoantonioco

Re: [Map] Forsaken Outpost

Post by edoantonioco » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am

Fixed this map with stuff from an older alpha, those stucco objects arent on the game anymore
Attachments
forsaken-outpost-sum.zip
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 76 times