Flying Mod

last

Re: Flying Mod

Post by last » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 am

So don't worry, it's not the flying mod that is messing with you, it's the alpha version.

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 am

last wrote:So don't worry, it's not the flying mod that is messing with you, it's the alpha version.
so what do I have to do to get the mod because i'm really confused I have never modded anything before the only mod I ever got was the sumlauncher and menumod

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 am

so what do I have to do to download the mod

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 am

First, go to the first post of this thread.

It has a part that reads:

Installation aka copypaste: [show]

Follow the instructions. Start by downloading the file that is linked at the end of the first post.

CryptoSeven

Post by CryptoSeven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 am

Yes sounds like you have problems with a shader.

Look in mod folder for file flying_mod.as. Find and remove or comment out this line:

Code: Select all

MakeParticle("Data/Custom/NMcCoy/Particles/sparkle2.xml", head_pos, spin_vel);
I've done it for you:
Data.zip
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
So install mod as normal but update the file flying_mod.as as mentioned above.

I haven't tested but it should remove sparkle effect when air dashing and fix your problem.

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 am

I know that I am going to sound really really stupid but how do I download and install it whenever I click the download button a popup appears and it says open and save as so which do I pick because when I click open it takes me to something called drivehqfilemanager which does nothing thanks for the help

CryptoSeven

Post by CryptoSeven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 am

You save it and extract to get a folder called Data. Merge this data folder with game data folder. As you did with mod previously.

But this is very basic computer stuff, and if you are unsure how to download and extract files I warn you there is a chance you will mess up game and not know how to fix it.

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 am

so I saved it and I see something in my downloads called data so do I just copy that and then paste it into the overgrowth data folder

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 am

soccerxplayerx wrote:I know that I am going to sound really really stupid but how do I download and install it whenever I click the download button a popup appears and it says open and save as so which do I pick because when I click open it takes me to something called drivehqfilemanager which does nothing thanks for the help
Seems like you don't really know what a ZIP file is.
Alright: A ZIP file is basically a bunch of files that is collected in a folder and compacted to make it smaller. In order to use the files inside that folder you need to extract them it first. For that you need a program like IZArc. Once you have them extracted they will work like normal files on your computer.
And then you can take these files and copy them to the corresponding locations in your Overgrowth folder.

Btw. the installation instructions are in the first post of this thread.

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 am

so I extracted the data zip and got the folder I
then took the folder copied It and put it into my data folder for overgrowth It still is not working though when I click f nothing happens

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 pm

soccerxplayerx wrote:so I extracted the data zip and got the folder I
then took the folder copied It and put it into my data folder for overgrowth It still is not working though when I click f nothing happens
You need to take the downloaded DATA folder and put it in the same place where the games DATA folder is. You will get a few warnings regarding overwriting files and merging folders. Allow that in every case.

Just follow the instruction in this post (in the section Installation aka copypaste).

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 pm

I already did that though

soccerxplayerx

Post by soccerxplayerx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 pm

so I just did it again and now when I click f a screeching noise happens but I don't fly

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 pm

A screeching noise like a hawk's call. This means that the mod is activated. Jump in the air and hold left mouse button to fly. The rest of the controls is in the instructions text file included in the download.
Last edited by EPR89 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

last

Post by last » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 pm

I think you may hav extracted the wrong file, because when i open the Flying Mod a197.zip file i see there Flying Mod a197 folder and when i open this folder i see there Data folder and Instructions.txt

Now that the file and the folder is right make sure that you merge the data folder from the .zip file into the game's folder where you can also see the data folder.