Stealth mission map Fallen castle(workInProg)

bloodycoathanger

Stealth mission map Fallen castle(workInProg)

Post by bloodycoathanger » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm

chutes and ladders it is so i was inspired by the "big trouble in little tokyo" map to make a mission based map.
im making a castle, with Lots of secret jumps ledges and pathways. i ran around for 20 minutes making this video and i couldnt even remember all the diff pathways.

mission will be smething like :
the wolves who killed your father have sought refuge in the ruins of the once mighty fortress.
1.) reach the armory unseen,
2.)use the weapons there to kill the pack leader.
3.) kill pack,(optional)
4.)find gwendylins body!(optional)
5.)escape via dungeon.
its still needing a lot of set pieces, furniture and stuff. but i think that portion of the castle is just about structurally complete. Dozens of routes that all cross over and intersect and stuff. hidden areas.

i think ive got about 30 hours into this map, its my first one.

bloodycoathanger

Re: Stealth mission map Fallen castle(workInProg)

Post by bloodycoathanger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:54 am

see it wont be so ugly when im done hopefully XD
this is from another map im working on but this is the set piece type stuff i mention

bloodycoathanger

Post by bloodycoathanger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 am

ok im abandoning that and going to redo it better.
i used the shingle to make the walls and stuff... and its no good for it and is causing weird issues.

but the edit i made was really cool, its tough to make out in the video, but i made the second floor with 4 seperate squares, so that a cross is formed in between them, i had some dead rabbits there with blood all over, and the blood coming down forming a cross on the first floor.
pretty damn cool idea if i say so myself.

i think i need to install sumlauncher and update or something because wheni load maps sometimes everythign turns black

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 am

I hope that you'll be able to upload this without any big problems; this seems to be pretty cool.

spudy

Post by spudy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Looks good so far just be careful you don't over do it i had probs like that making big maps and when i start putting clutter and the AI the frame rate will drop big time. I know wolfire improved the game so you could put more AI without the frame rate going down but it still has its limits. But anyway looks good and cant wait to try it out :)