Throwing Knives vs Daggers

cchausman

Throwing Knives vs Daggers

Post by cchausman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:59 am

So I have a character in the game that I'd like to have throw knives at their enemy, however they seem to want to incessantly swipe at their chest instead of being the talented knife thrower the role calls for. How do I make them throw the knife and not run up for a melee encounter?

Also, When you throw a dagger, you don't have the dagger anymore; when you throw a throwing knife, you generally have several more to throw before running out. Is it currently possible to make the dagger respawn or return to his hand without him having to run to it every time?

Also, where did these weapons go? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKeYRhDvzC4
Last edited by cchausman on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mc Rex

Re: Throwing Knives vs Daggers

Post by Mc Rex » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am

Its possible for him to have 4 handed weapons at once. Two in his hands, two at his sides. Not sure about the throwing them or them respawning though.

Also, the ability to switch weapon hands was changed for being able to spin around. I'm sure if you look it up here you'll find a script to change that back.

cchausman

Post by cchausman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 am

Mc Rex wrote:... the ability to switch weapon hands was changed for being able to spin around. I'm sure if you look it up here you'll find a script to change that back.
What's that mean specifically? I have noticed that the character only assumes the correct posture with weapons equipped in the right hand, lately.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 pm

cchausman wrote:
Mc Rex wrote:... the ability to switch weapon hands was changed for being able to spin around. I'm sure if you look it up here you'll find a script to change that back.
What's that mean specifically? I have noticed that the character only assumes the correct posture with weapons equipped in the right hand, lately.
he means there is a way to have a weapon in each hand. you used to be able to hit "b" and it would then put the active weapon in the opposite hand. now to make that work again you need to edit the aschar.as file. although you still only fight with the weapon in the dominant hand.

incrediblemoo

Post by incrediblemoo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:58 pm

you could probably have a permanent sheathed knife that clones itself when you draw it. i doubt it'd be all that difficult to implement.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 am

incrediblemoo wrote:you could probably have a permanent sheathed knife that clones itself when you draw it. i doubt it'd be all that difficult to implement.
i don't think you can do that with the current weapon system, seeing as you have to attach a single weapon to one weapon slot, and adding scripts to weapons is not doable at the moment.