[OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: [OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

Post by halzoid » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:35 pm

I just exploited a glitch, and a very fun one at that

basically, if other people are on a server with you, you cant delete your spawn as it will crash the game. However, if you are alone on a server, it lets you. so when no one is on, choose the wolf character, then once you have spawned, create an AI and change to your character spawn to become the AI, then you can use the numbers to change into any character you want. but to other people you are still a wolf, so if you were a rabbit on your screen you would have the agility of a rabbit, but be able to have the strength of a wolf on others

INSTA KILL SUPER HIGH JUMPING WOLF!!!!

I don't know if it could get patched... but I kinda hope it doesn't, its quite fun to mess with, and its a sort of reward for being first on to a server, I might make a video tutorial on it, but its really easy...

anyway, if you get a chance to, id suggest it, its a fun way to mess with people, and only you get to do it out of the whole server :lol:

Surak

Post by Surak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Hehe, good idea. Yea, it is super easy to cheat in ogmp. You can get the same result by editing some xml or script files.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:18 pm

yeah, I thought about the script option after :lol:
but this way is probably quicker and better for people who just play this as a game and don't go into the files, no knowledge of scripting required!

I was also checking out how the splitscreen coop works online

if its started prior to joining the server, the game will crash... but if started after with people in the server, only one player will be visible...

im not sure whether it will work when people join after the splitscreen has been set up.

CHALLENGE MENUS!!! they are challenging to get rid of online seeing as there is a text box covering them... BUT, I have found a way which doesn't require you to quit the server.

if you shrink the screen, NOT MINIMIZE!!!, but shrink it and drag it to one side of the screen, it will remove the text box, and you will be able to press the continue button, then you can maximize the screen again, or have it however it was before (note, this will not work for fullscreen mode)

the easiest way to get to your curser back is also to Alt+Tab to the Overgrowth worker that runs in the background, every time you click on the Og screen though, it will remove your curser again and you will need to Alt+Tab again, but its worth it, as the challenge menu wont show up again throughout the whole game!!

that's all ive found so far, if there is more that I find that may benefit, I will share it! :D

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:54 am

If somebody wants to help test the next version, here it is: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/arc ... ring-1.zip

I will test it for some days and if it works it will be merged with the main branch of the mod. It is fully compatible with the old one. Any feedback (how it behaves compared to the old version) is appreciated.

Edit: merged it with master now, so no need to test it.

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Id love to test it, but I found a bug...

the website doesn't work, not sure if the link is wrong or something... but it wont open

heres the issue I get, I would screenshot it, but id have to put it in Photoshop, then save it as a Jpeg... too much effort...
[+] Web error
" 'Information icon'
The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information"
yes I use internet explorer... :roll:
Last edited by halzoid on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I recommend Gyazo for these things.

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:41 pm

I already tested it and merged it with the master branch, halzoid. There was no need for the branch anymore, so I deleted it. So just use https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/archive/v0.0.2.zip instead.

Surak

Post by Surak » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:15 am

The test version of the day: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/arc ... stic-2.zip

I disabled everything that is not absolutely necessary to play online. If this version still crashes from time to time, we know that the commented out parts are probably not responsible and I will comment out even more.

Surak

Post by Surak » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I compiled the OGMP server for Windows, 64 bit only for the moment: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_server/rel ... n64.tar.gz

To start a server just extract the archive with 7zip or a similar tool and open the file start_server.bat. That's all, super easy and perfect for LAN parties :)

sonicdsx98000

Post by sonicdsx98000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 pm

how do you find people on servers

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:45 pm

sonicdsx98000 wrote:how do you find people on servers
you mean this? http://www.ogmp.de

sonicdsx98000

Post by sonicdsx98000 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:34 am

rodeje25 wrote:
wow that's pretty convenient, thanks

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:17 am

sonicdsx98000 wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:
Yea, it is pretty handy, but sadly not a lot of people are playing on the servers. So if you want to play your best chance is to first find people and then join the server together.

sonicdsx98000

Post by sonicdsx98000 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:27 am

Surak wrote:
sonicdsx98000 wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:how do you find people on servers
Yea, it is pretty handy, but sadly not a lot of people are playing on the servers. So if you want to play your best chance is to first find people and then join the server together.[/quote]

me and my friend might be online alot

sonicdsx98000

Post by sonicdsx98000 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:27 am

ok? that post glitched.