[OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

OGMP Join times?

Post by halzoid » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:32 pm

It would be quite cool if there were set times for the servers to be populated, like a sort of "Oh, hey, if you wanna go on multiplayer, then there will definitely be a server hosted at ____ o'clock"

It would help, I never really start a server, seeing as it deletes all Npc's, which I would rather avoid doing until people are sure to join soon and I doubt myself that people would be checking the server list at the times I'm on. If there were a set time, then maybe more people would be on it more often? Hopefully... :roll:

The general available time for gaming is around 7.00pm - 10.30pm weekdays and 5.00pm - 4.00am (not for everyone just generalised...) on weekends.

which is around 1.00pm - 4.30pm and 11.00am - 10.00pm (Central time from GB time) in case people in America wanted to join the ogmp.de server

Hopefully if people wanted to play OgMp then these times would be the best time to start servers and should guarantee a join if people follow this thread... maybe?

EDIT: I just thought, a Steam group could also work right...
anyone who's looking for a game can join that. If its made...

Surak

Re: OGMP Join times?

Post by Surak » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 am

halzoid wrote:It would be quite cool if there were set times for the servers to be populated, like a sort of "Oh, hey, if you wanna go on multiplayer, then there will definitely be a server hosted at ____ o'clock"

It would help, I never really start a server, seeing as it deletes all Npc's, which I would rather avoid doing until people are sure to join soon and I doubt myself that people would be checking the server list at the times I'm on. If there were a set time, then maybe more people would be on it more often? Hopefully... :roll:

The general available time for gaming is around 7.00pm - 10.30pm weekdays and 5.00pm - 4.00am (not for everyone just generalised...) on weekends.

which is around 1.00pm - 4.30pm and 11.00am - 10.00pm (Central time from GB time) in case people in America wanted to join the ogmp.de server

Hopefully if people wanted to play OgMp then these times would be the best time to start servers and should guarantee a join if people follow this thread... maybe?

EDIT: I just thought, a Steam group could also work right...
anyone who's looking for a game can join that. If its made...
We have thought about the same, maybe 15 minutes after OGWeekly or something like that. Would be pretty neat and not too often, so I guess some people would show up.

We can also create a Steam group, sure.

rodeje25

Re: OGMP Join times?

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 am

Surak wrote:We can also create a Steam group, sure.
add me Rodeje25 :)

vallejo18

Re: [OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

Post by vallejo18 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:00 am

Damn you all....you beat me to it....just as soon as i finally was able to pull somthing together....lol nice job though.

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 am

Surak and Gyrth.....good ass fucking job. I figured a bit of this out a while ago but got caught up in school and etc. If need be, I would love to join you guys and making this a lot better optimized. I changed my twitter its now @yungmonica1..... i have been reconstructing myself in preparations on youtube.....perhaps we can take it a bit further with VOip in game or a steam adaption. But thats planning a bit ahead. I will check out the codes and see. BTW :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S: Its faster to hit me up by twitter or kik @vallejo18

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 am

S/N: Why not merge with Apache or Nginx? From what I understand, its free. Also, I am still trying to figure out where to start lol you guys put a lot of effort into it all without using hooks, extensions, and soley depending on the java's http.....I know java uses UDP and TCP protocols to make connecting easier and is a whole lot stabler, but i think it requires JRE runtimes to be installed onto the users computer. Eh, I'm kinda writing this in the crack of the wee hours of the day/night. So i may not know what the hell im talking about.

S/N 2: Im kinda tied up in multiple projects, school, work and family drama so yea please msg me on twitter as there is no easy to use way on being on here.

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:40 am

vallejo18 wrote:If need be, I would love to join you guys and making this a lot better optimized.
Help is very welcome, just fork the client or server on Github, commit your changes to a new branch and send a pull request. Please only send a pull request though if the new code does not break the game.
vallejo18 wrote:perhaps we can take it a bit further with VOip in game or a steam adaption.
Maybe way, way later. If/when the ingame version of Chrome gets updated this could be possible to do via Javascript as well, but the current version does not even support WebRTC.

A Steam adaption would be cool, but how do you want to do it? And what exactly?
vallejo18 wrote:Why not merge with Apache or Nginx? From what I understand, its free.
Both are free software, but it just does not make sense to merge the projects. Our web server part is done and has some advantages in this edge case.
vallejo18 wrote:Also, I am still trying to figure out where to start lol you guys put a lot of effort into it all without using hooks, extensions, and soley depending on the java's http.....I know java uses UDP and TCP protocols to make connecting easier and is a whole lot stabler, but i think it requires JRE runtimes to be installed onto the users computer.
We are using hooks, we just do not use dll injection. What extensions? And we are also not using Java. And do not require the JRE. We are using JavaScript to communicate with the game server, something completely different. The user interface uses a Chrome based lib and Chrome allows us to do some very basic network stuff. As I said earlier, WebRTC sadly does not work at the moment, so we use AJAX requests instead.
vallejo18 wrote:Im kinda tied up in multiple projects, school, work and family drama so yea please msg me on twitter as there is no easy to use way on being on here.
Why msg you? Just start doing your improvements to the code, it is open to everyone. If you have questions you can ask them here.

xToxicvoltagex

Post by xToxicvoltagex » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Are there multiple servers or only the 2 mentioned?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:57 am

There are only 2 open servers, ogmp.de and ogmp.us.
You can create a server though, although I think that's only for Linux at the moment.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:12 am

Yep, ogmp.us is in San Fransisco and ogmp.de is in Munich. This has been more than enough for now, so more servers aren't needed. Since not a lot of people are using them. I haven't seen anyone else setting up a server yet. But it is opensource, so you could compile it for whatever you want. And Surak did manage to compile it for Windows. He will probably post the zip in here if you want.

Surak

Post by Surak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:25 am

I posted the Win version here already, you can also find it on Github under releases: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_server/releases/tag/v0.0.2

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 am

@Surak aye aye Captiain! I'm on it.
Also, I am not very keen on using git hub as I really don't like it. I would much rather upload it somewhere and send you a link to it.

Speaking of chrome (if you are referring to google) perhaps integrating google voice since it is an app for google chrome.....it's an idea atm do not take it as a sign of movement. I am merely giving a subtle suggestion or theory.......(utilizing/creating apps from the app launcher).

Surak

Post by Surak » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 am

vallejo18 wrote:@Surak aye aye Captiain! I'm on it.
Also, I am not very keen on using git hub as I really don't like it. I would much rather upload it somewhere and send you a link to it.
Not possible, you will have to use Github to contribute code. What's your problem with it?
vallejo18 wrote:Speaking of chrome (if you are referring to google) perhaps integrating google voice since it is an app for google chrome.....it's an idea atm do not take it as a sign of movement. I am merely giving a subtle suggestion or theory.......(utilizing/creating apps from the app launcher).
I doubt that this is possible. It is not really Chrome, merely the rendering part. And it is years outdated too. But feel free to try it out.
This is the lib OG uses for the HTML rendering and JavaScript execution: http://www.awesomium.com/

FlaireZol

Post by FlaireZol » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Ugh, can anyone join me?
IRC isn't responding and literally no one is online. There should be a group for this.

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Ok, I created a Steam group. OGMP was not available, so I took OGMP.net: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ogmpnet