[OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

renamedperson

Re: [OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

Post by renamedperson » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:50 pm

I am still playing a 2014 build. I guess I have to update. I am looking forward to playing multiplayer( even though I will get decimated)

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:25 am

Next meetup will be in about a week: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ogmpn ... 0650456441

This time a bit differently:
OGMP works best with parkour levels, because there it does not matter if the other players lag or not. We are running out of good levels to play though. Most custom Overgrowth levels include a big NPC fighting part, but since this is not supported by OGMP it does not make sense to play them. So I thought maybe some people are interested in creating new custom levels that we can play in a week that are specifically designed for OGMP:

* Focused on parkour, not exploration or fighting
* Medium difficulty; not too easy, but not too frustrating either

Keep in mind that you can quicksave in OGMP.

If you are interested just post your level in the discussion part of this group (with images) and we will try to play it.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:42 am

I'm getting a new PC at christmas (Hopefully). So ill be back to being able to play OG, I'd love to make some more maps for OGMP. They'll probably be a mix of races, arenas, parkour-freeroam and i could try CTF because i just realised how i could get that to work
(I'll make sure to make the maps quite light on props, for performance, but also enough to make them look good)

Cant wait to join you guys again on the meetups! Keep up the good work :D

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 am

halzoid wrote:I'm getting a new PC at christmas (Hopefully). So ill be back to being able to play OG, I'd love to make some more maps for OGMP. They'll probably be a mix of races, arenas, parkour-freeroam and i could try CTF because i just realised how i could get that to work
(I'll make sure to make the maps quite light on props, for performance, but also enough to make them look good)

Cant wait to join you guys again on the meetups! Keep up the good work :D
Hey, you can still play with us with alpha 209:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36437&p=235825&hilit=a209#p234081
https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/archive/v0.0.3.zip

Doesn't matter for OGMP if you run a209, a210 or a211 at the moment. At some point a209 won't be supported anymore though, but not next week ;)

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 am

Yeah, but all of this swapping between alphas on steam has broken my game completely, so i cant even run 209 anymore :(

the mouse is broken (doesnt show up) and its permenantly stuck in media mode because the settings are broken :roll:

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:00 am

halzoid wrote:Yeah, but all of this swapping between alphas on steam has broken my game completely, so i cant even run 209 anymore :(

the mouse is broken (doesnt show up) and its permenantly stuck in media mode because the settings are broken :roll:
Easy to fix, just delete your Wolfire folder in your Documents folder.

BlazingSarge

Post by BlazingSarge » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:09 pm

The start.bat for the server will not work. I tried running as admin, and I'm hosting for LAN on Windows 7 64 Bit. I extracted it using 7zip first and the server just won't start.

Surak

Post by Surak » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:19 pm

BlazingSarge wrote:The start.bat for the server will not work. I tried running as admin, and I'm hosting for LAN on Windows 7 64 Bit. I extracted it using 7zip first and the server just won't start.
Try this: First press alt + r, then enter "cmd" and run it. Use "cd C:\..." to go to the ogmp_server directory and start the server again by running "start_server.bat". This way the window will stay open and you can read if there is an error message.

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks Surak, that worked to get my cursor back and leave media mode, but custom levels don't load xD, ah well, guess we cant have everything.
I was going to make a level for the meetup later, but I didn't have enough time :?

[Edit]
Oh, and deleting the Wolfire folder broke my entire computer...
but its working now, I think that was just because its so slow... :roll:

BlazingSarge

Post by BlazingSarge » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:13 am

Surak wrote:
BlazingSarge wrote:The start.bat for the server will not work. I tried running as admin, and I'm hosting for LAN on Windows 7 64 Bit. I extracted it using 7zip first and the server just won't start.
Try this: First press alt + r, then enter "cmd" and run it. Use "cd C:\..." to go to the ogmp_server directory and start the server again by running "start_server.bat". This way the window will stay open and you can read if there is an error message.
So I did what you said and I received this error message:

Exception: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Able to shed any light on that? I tried running as administrator and this is the admin account on my PC. It should have any permissions it needs.

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 am

It means port 80 (the default port of ogmp) is already in use by another program. You can find out which one if you type netstat -o into cmd. You can also change the port by opening the bat file with a text editor.

BlazingSarge

Post by BlazingSarge » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Works so far, though I'll need to test it with my brother. Thanks for the help! I hope LAN fixes the desync we have on the San Francisco server a bit.

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

a217 is not compatible with OGMP currently.
[+] Edit 1
Errors present, with update installed (same error as before installing)
Err. 1.png
Err. 1.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 82127 times
Err. 2.png
Err. 2.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 82127 times
[Edit Edit]

I'm a fool, just needed to drop it into the mod folder, not the data folder :roll:
Last edited by halzoid on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm

halzoid wrote:a217 is not compatible with OGMP currently.
Just fixed some stuff for a217, you can try it here: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/tree/a217
Needs testing before it's released in the main branch.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 am

Gyrth wrote:
halzoid wrote:a217 is not compatible with OGMP currently.
Just fixed some stuff for a217, you can try it here: https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/tree/a217
Needs testing before it's released in the main branch.
You da real mvp... Atleast 1 of the mvps... I mean surak worked on this mod as well.. He deserves credit right?

Edit: Roadto1000posts