[MOD] Some Custom Animations

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

[MOD] Some Custom Animations

Post by halzoid » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:33 pm

If i make more animations, they will be posted here as a new post.
(if anyone else wants to upload animations, that's cool too I love seeing new stuff :lol: )

Here's the first animation I've gotten working in-engine, its a move that flips the player onto there feet instead of just standing up. I felt that the normal stand up animation wasn't 'rabbit' enough, it consisted of the player pushing themselves to their feet and getting back up. Now I created a more acrobatic way of standing, that I think fits the characters better, or at least in combat.

Front flip to feet:

Back flip to feet:

they aren't quite finished, but they look pretty good, the front animation doesn't look as good as it should...

Heres the file, I suggest creating a backup of the r_standfromfront.anm and r_standfromback.anm files as they will be overwritten.
Flip animations.zip
(48.3 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
To install, just drag and drop into Data/Animations
Last edited by halzoid on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [MOD] Some Custom Animations

Post by Constance » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Here's some reference in case you decide to make it less of a Jedi Master move.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:57 am

Timbles wrote:in case you decide to make it less of a Jedi Master move
I actually heavily based the idea around the animation for standing up used in the 'Star Wars: Obi-Wan' game... I also used this style because there's more torso rotation in the human like animation, this is really hard to do, but I'll give it a go. For some reason, in the latest blender version, the torso rotation is locked and just follows where the waist goes. However, in 2.55 which I use to export, the torso is unlocked, but the animation won't play, so I can't see how it looks overall (even though it's all the same file).

xweert123

Post by xweert123 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm

The animation looks a little too unnatural for me. It feels like he just "floats" back onto his feet.

I really need to make my own animation set soon.