Help! Can't Import .phxbn Into Blender

rolands

Help! Can't Import .phxbn Into Blender

Post by rolands » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:49 am

Hello I need to import a skeleton into blender but when i try nothing happens. Seems like it Imports but nothing is Imported, nothing even shows up in the Outliner. I am using the 2.55 overgrowth version of Blender by the way. Please help!

Gyrth

Re: Help! Can't Import .phxbn Into Blender

Post by Gyrth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm

I've never rigged a character for OG, but I think you should use the existing .blend files and modify them. What are you trying to make? Just animations or custom character rigs?

rolands

Post by rolands » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Gyrth wrote:I've never rigged a character for OG, but I think you should use the existing .blend files and modify them. What are you trying to make? Just animations or custom character rigs?
I need to pose/animate a cat character and the rig that loads at the start is a rabbit one :/

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm

If you go into your OG directory and look in Data/BlenderFiles, you can find all of the character blend files. from there you can pick "male_cat.blend" and open that up from blender.
If you want to load up just the rig from an empty scene in blender, go to file/append. From there navigate to the same directory (Data/BlendFiles), you can then go into the blend file themselves and find your rig. So click male_cat then go to Object and then find "rig". Press the Link/Append from library button on the top right. The actual .phxbn import script don't really work. You can select more then one object to append, just ctrl click what you want, press B to box select, or just drag your cursor across.

rolands

Post by rolands » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:41 am

Oh wow that is awesome!!! Thank you SO very much!

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 pm

rolands wrote:Oh wow that is awesome!!! Thank you SO very much!
No problem. if you need more help just ask me. :)

Killerkitty

Post by Killerkitty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:36 am

I have this same problem, but the male_cat rig is unfinished. Half the fingers are rigged, you can't open the mouth, and there are no eyes. Is there a complete skeleton I can find *for all species*

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Killerkitty wrote:I have this same problem, but the male_cat rig is unfinished. Half the fingers are rigged, you can't open the mouth, and there are no eyes. Is there a complete skeleton I can find *for all species*
The rig doesn't have bones for each and every finger, the game uses morph targets for the fist clenching, mouth movement and eye movement.